View topic - Build: Yaf(a)ray 209 & Blender 2.47 (Win32)

Build: Yaf(a)ray 209 & Blender 2.47 (Win32)

Users-contributed CVS development builds. Post here your questions about compiling the source code.

Build: Yaf(a)ray 209 & Blender 2.47 (Win32)

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:29 am

Patched Blender 2.47:
Code: Select all
http://www.zshare.net/download/175945511d331048/

Yaf(a)ray 209:
http://www.zshare.net/download/1759504807a66d9e/

Changes:
Corrected lots of errors in bidirectional path tracing. Still a lot of work to do though...
Completed several light sources to work with bidirectional, now area-,mesh-, sphere-, point- and spotlight seem to work correctly.

Python GUI requires Python 2.5:
http://www.python.org/download/
Xray

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:09 am

Thank you very much, Xray. Will try this one ASAP. :D

<edited>
I've noticed that patched Blender have to same .exe-name as official release's. Is it the same as official release? If it's not, then I will install it in another directory.
Cheers.

Pentium4 3.0 HT, 4 GB ram, Windows XP 32bit.
Blender 2.46, YafaRay 2.0.2
palawat

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:17 pm

Hi

The reason Xray's compilations does not work in some computers is the version of the Windows Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package (x86) installed, in my computer it works with 2005 SP1 version, notice that there are three different versions of the package, which are:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

The Windows Libraries installed with our patched Blender won't make yaf(a)ray automatically to work in some computers, so maybe you have to install 2005 SP1 too.
Last edited by Samo on Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Samo

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:33 pm

palawat wrote:Thank you very much, Xray. Will try this one ASAP. :D

<edited>
I've noticed that patched Blender have to same .exe-name as official release's. Is it the same as official release? If it's not, then I will install it in another directory.

the installer is compilled using the NSIS script provided in the official installation, they binaries are identical excepting for the yaf(a)ray exporting feature, so unless you need to use yafray 009, I recommend unistall the oficial release and using this patched version.
Samo

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:50 pm

yessssssssssssssssssssssss! This is just what my life needed!!! hehehe ;)

Thanks a ton Guys!

Regards,

ALvaro
afecelis

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:37 pm

Thank you, Samo. I'll try that :D
Cheers.

Pentium4 3.0 HT, 4 GB ram, Windows XP 32bit.
Blender 2.46, YafaRay 2.0.2
palawat

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:42 pm

Guys, I'm getting errors when trying to open files created in Linux with the same blender/yafa version. The file opens fine but when I try to open Yafaray's GUI, it reports the following python error:
Compiled with Python version 2.5.
Checking for installed Python... got it!
c:\docume~1\afecelis\locals~1\temp
c:\docume~1\afecelis\locals~1\temp
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1886, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 828, in __init__
  File "<string>", line 116, in copyParamsOverwrite
RuntimeError: invalid property value

This doesn't occur with newly created files. The UI opens fine with them, it's only when opening a file created in Linux. This forces me to start a new blank file and append everything form the other file into it. This way the GUI doesn't report the error, but it's a tedious process, specially with large files with a lot of elements.

Any ideas?

regards,

Alvaro
afecelis

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:38 pm

Hm good question, happens here too with official 2.47 linux 64bit build, with scenes i saved recently with SVN blender. Current SVN compile works fine though, and older files also still seem to work with official build.

No clue what the problem is, maybe some bug with the IDProperty changes they did recently. If someone knows a workaround for the script...
Last edited by Lynx on Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynx

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:51 pm

Yup that's the possible cause. The main difference between my windows and linux versions is that I use the latest SVN version compiled via the sevenblend script on linux. Must be something with the svn version :(
afecelis

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:16 am

yafray used to work jut perefctly but after i downloaded your build and installed yafaray ,

i have started getting an error when ever i try to render with yafray

BLENDERSHADER.DLL ERROR

NOW i,m totally screwed yafray doesnt even work ,itried uninstalling yafaray but still screwed,

mate how do i fix this? i need to know what exactly gets extractedwhere and what regsettings are modified by your installer,so that i can find everyfile and delete every key inorder to get yafray to work again.
tuy

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:43 pm

in this thread an installed is provided for the Blender special build, which may conflict with Blender official instalations in your computer. The blender special build only can launch yaf(a)ray, while the blender official build only can launch yafray 009. Two separated registry keys are used for each one, and you have uninstalling options that delete the respective registry stuff.

uninstalling yaf(a)ray and the blender special build does not break anything in your computer, or at least it should not. Just install blender official and yafray 009 again and everything will work fine.

please, read the existing documentation.

One of the advantatges of the new exporter should be that you can use yafray 009 and yafaray at the same time and compare results between them
Samo

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:03 pm

did you install the blender special compilation needed along the yafray installer?
YES I DID

are you sure that you launch the correct Blender compilation to run yaf(a)Ray?

are you sure that you launch the official Blender version to run yafRay 009?

YES I AM VERY SURE i know what i,m doing ,i know the differences betwen versions

have you read the existing documentation about getting yaf(a)ray to work?
YES I HAVE YAFARAY WORKS but it has screwed up yafray i want both to work,

why you suppose that yafray 009 and yafaray use the same registry key when it is in fact not true?

THOSE ARNT MY EXACT WORDS ,i know they have different keys ,but i ask if anyother additional keys were added to registry during installation .

why you crosspost at Blenderartist.org and straight away recommend everybody not to install yafaray given your personnal circumtances?

IT IS A PRECATUIION for people so that they know the potential harm it can cause ,because i dont want them to have the same problem as me and get screwed ,where everytime they click render using yafray ,it shows error in blendershader.dll ,i dont want other people to get harmed so just advice as a warning precaution,

do whe call people stupid every time they can get yaf(a)ray to work?
I NEVER CALL YOU STUPID, COME ON I APPRECIATE YOUR WORK

are you sure you have installed yafaray at all?
I wasnt born yesterday comeon yes i have it installed.

WHAT I need to know from you is the files in the two installers ,what dlls exes ,and settings are in them and where are they extracted to?

for examples some dlls may have been extracted to c dwindows drive and some settings may have been stored in applicationdata forlder ,thats what i need to know from you that would be really helpful ,so i can clean my computer and than just reinstall yafray

i just want yafray to work normal again and not crash everytime i click render
tuy

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:11 pm

tuy, people put lot of work in yaf(a)ray so we can use it. I don't think it is correct to recommend everybody not to install yaf(a)ray based on your personal experience. Report you problem and we will try to help you. I have installed and unistalled yafray, yaf(a)ray and blender versions dozens of times in Windows and yaf(a)ray breaks nothing.
Samo

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:20 pm

may i ask what version of xp are you using

i,m using windows xp service pack 2
tuy

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:34 pm

I use Win XP SP 2.

Yafaray does not install files in other places than inside /program files/yafaray. Yafaray install a registry key in hkey_local_machine/software/yafray team/yafaray, which is different than the key used for yafray, located in the same folder. That key are used by the blender special compilation to find yaf(a)ray.

Pretty straightforward simple innocent stuff. I don't see how uninstalling everything and installing official Blender and yafray 009 again you can get errors.
Samo

Next

Return to Testing Builds