View topic - Scandinavian mood

Scandinavian mood

Post here your finished projects. Your work could form part of our gallery!

Scandinavian mood

Post Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:18 pm

Hi Yafies ;)

I decided to practice a bit and to recreate a picture that I found on a FB page a long time ago and refound in my hard drives. The goal is not to get the really same result but a close mood.
Yafaray provides a lot of render passes that I used to enhance the result, much more than Cycles for example.
I’ve modeled everything exept the chairs, armchair, stool, coffee maker and the vase ( from Chocofur). The plant on pot was created using the amazing Modular tree addon.

Photon mapping method for rendering and several nodes for post-compositing. Only one area lamp for lighting, and a tonemap node to correct the raw rendering and the passes were used in Photoshop. 2 AA passes for 38mn at 2400px x 1860px.
Yafaray v3.3.0 with Blender 2.78 ( Yafa on BL 2.79 don’t have all the render passes), AMD Ryzen 7 1800x, 32 Go RAM, Win10x64
:)

Final render:

Scandinavian_interior_Yafaray_June2019.jpg

Olivier Boscournu __ riofranco design  Montpellier _ France   http://www.olivier-boscournu.com/

Rio

Re: Scandinavian mood

Post Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:43 am

Very nice Olivier.
Samo

Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:45 am

Good work.
Btw: Can you test this using BiDir integrator as you used some years ago?
Odilkhan Yakubov

Post Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:09 pm

Great job Olivier, it's quite true to life!
If I were to find something to improve, it would be the depth of the fireplace: it fades to pitch black quite quickly, and it's the only thing that messes with the "immersion": having a gradually lower light that still allows to see the bottom of the fireplace would be perfect, but then you'd have to show the entirety of the logs in said fireplace and it may be quite hard and time-consuming.
Raam401

Return to Finished Projects