View topic - YafaRay-E v2.0.1 for Blender 2.76b Windows, Linux and MacOSX

YafaRay-E v2.0.1 for Blender 2.76b Windows, Linux and MacOSX

Users-contributed CVS development builds. Post here your questions about compiling the source code.

Re: YafaRay-E v2.0.1 for Blender 2.76b Windows, Linux and MacOSX

Post Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:34 pm

Thanks very much for the new release!
Happy new year to everybody :)
polokk

Post Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:31 am

Hello sir. First of all big tnx for your work and new adaptation of yafaray. But suddenly there are no any of this version works with OSX. Non of them (1.0, 2.0, 2.0.1). I test it with os x 10.11.2 and 2.76b. The plugin don't show preview of any material and world preview and just rendered an black screen. But thebountyrender works pretty well.
Klmz

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:34 pm

Klmz wrote:Hello sir. First of all big tnx for your work and new adaptation of yafaray. But suddenly there are no any of this version works with OSX. Non of them (1.0, 2.0, 2.0.1). I test it with os x 10.11.2 and 2.76b. The plugin don't show preview of any material and world preview and just rendered an black screen. But thebountyrender works pretty well.

Hello,

YafaRay does only support one version in the Blender Addons folder. If you have several YafaRay versions in the Addons folder, you can have that problem.

Be aware that TheBounty is a fork of YafaRay and, until they do the appropiate changes, cannot be present in the Blender Addons folder at the same time as YafaRay, otherwise one of them will not work showing the problem you mention.

Disabling/Enabling addons does not work in my experience, you have to physically remove all other versions from the Addons folder.

Please make sure you have only one version of YafaRay (considering TheBounty is also a fork of YafaRay) in the Blender Addons folder and let us know if it works for you.

Best regards. David.
David Bluecame

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:21 am

Wow. Yes, there was yafaray and thebounty at the same place. So, when i delete thebounty folder the yafaray start work. So, thebounty project will close or not?
Klmz

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:54 pm

David Bluecame wrote:
Be aware that TheBounty is a fork of YafaRay and, until they do the appropiate changes, cannot be present in the Blender Addons folder at the same time as YafaRay, otherwise one of them will not work showing the problem you mention.

Can you define which are the ' appropriate changes '??..
If my fork works well together with YafaRay but YafaRay not in the opposite case ..... of whom it is the problem? Why should it do more changes? Not long ago, someone accused me of doing ' too many unnecessary changes '..
Greetings.
povmaniac

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:19 pm

povmaniac wrote:
David Bluecame wrote:

Can you define which are the ' appropriate changes '??..
If my fork works well together with YafaRay but YafaRay not in the opposite case ..... of whom it is the problem? Why should it do more changes? Not long ago, someone accused me of doing ' too many unnecessary changes '..
Greetings.

TheBounty, as a new renderer forked from YafaRay, should be able to work without disturbing the existing renderers. Also, it should not require the existing renderers to be reprogrammed so the new renderer can work without interfering with them.

The changes you mention you did in the past did not solve this problem and (but this is just my opinion) caused unnecessary complications to users when trying to render an existing YafaRay scene in TheBounty, having to rework all materials.
David Bluecame

Post Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:26 pm

And the discussion obviously stops here because with Povmaniac a discussion never ends :D

This is not the place to start an argument about development of another engine. Open a feature request if you feel so wherever you see it fit. Compatibility is good when you are not the stronger player. Please keep your YafaRay 2.0 betatesting going and report your findings! :)
Samo

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:13 pm

I like very much the new options to accelerate sampling the more adaptive passes are added, it produces a much faster convergence than the previous adaptive strategy. The secret is using it with very low initial montecarlo and eye samples (2) so the acceleration is smooth at the beginning and multiply x2 eye rays and montecarlo samples in every new adaptive pass, with 6 passes it will do with almost any kind of scene. I wish someone else could confirm this.
Samo

Post Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:50 pm

Samo, I don't understand...what is initial montecarlo and eye samples in yafa settings?
peperepe77

Post Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:22 pm

montecarlo samples = path tracing samples, final gather samples, IBL background samples, arealight/meshlight/portal light samples
eye samples = Antialiasing samples

I have posted a "streme case" scene below, it is an scene any path tracer would have lot of problems to do. I have used the strategy commented above for sampling, very low inital samples and then the number of samples doubles in every pass (AA samples, final gather samples, mesh light samples).

It is an strategy that works with a very low initial sampling for a smooth acceleration at the beginning and the final number of samples does not become exorbitant, with easier scenes will probide even better results. The final passes takes lot to render but notice how the efficiency of the adaptive sampling increases in every pass, increasing areas are left out off the sampling in every pass.
Attachments
cornellbox271.png
cornellbox271.png (126.19 KiB) Viewed 16523 times
cornellbox271.zip
(134.78 KiB) Downloaded 650 times
Samo

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi, brand new user here. I have 2.0.1 with 2.76b installed but not functioning properly. ( all renders are completely black. I did accidentially install an older version of yafa, (0.1.1) but overwrote the install (from zip) when I added 2.0.1. However, I receive a message in user preferences when I start blender. "multiple addons using the same name found" I removed the yafaray folder in addons and the error goes away, but yafa is still available to select in addons. Do I need to uninstall it? If so how do I do this?
ironbyron

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:47 pm

Be sure there is not several yafaray addons in other different Blender versions you have installed in the past, usually is better going to Users/[user]/AppData/Roaming/Blender Foundation/Blender and delete every YafaRay addon you find in every Blender version there.
Samo

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:06 pm

Thanks for the reply :). This is the only version (2.76b) that I have ever installed on this computer. I am using one of the scenes that are available here to test YafaRay (Fauteuil 3D-Resources.blend). It is just a chair and automan, but I think it was for an older version of Yafa, would that even matter?
ironbyron

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:12 pm

ironbyron wrote:Thanks for the reply :). This is the only version (2.76b) that I have ever installed on this computer. I am using one of the scenes that are available here to test YafaRay (Fauteuil 3D-Resources.blend). It is just a chair and automan, but I think it was for an older version of Yafa, would that even matter?

hum use convert data from 2.4, it still works with old YafaRay scenes and check you have a working light source in the scene
Samo

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:14 pm

I deleted the only version of yafa under the directory you mentioned and it did fix the conflict error that I mentioned, it still renders completely black however.
ironbyron

PreviousNext

Return to Testing Builds