View topic - 360 degree camera - Development Idea

360 degree camera - Development Idea

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

360 degree camera - Development Idea

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:47 am

In the last days I thought about a possible feature for new Yafaray versions. For me it allready contains almost everything perfectly, except of an environment camera similiar to the one you might know from LuxRender.
It creates a 360 degree x 180 degree Render and since Yafaray supports .exr output we could then create very easy our own IBL material with beautiful 3D scenes.

I am not that much into C++ programming so I dont know how complicated it is to implement it into the source. But it would be a nice thing and very usefull.

(I hope I posted this in the correct section; otherwise sorry :)
projecteagleeye

Re: 360 degree camera - Development Idea

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:29 pm

Forget to write: Blender allready carries a panorama function, that can create 360 degree renders (but not 180 degree in height but that can be left beside at first). Maybe a linked script to the Blender function would do the job. The thing is function in Blender internal is great , render results could be better; Yafarays render results AMAZING , function not there.

I know that you programmers have a lot to do with different stuff that is more important, but it might be something good to look at.

Thanks,

P.-E.
projecteagleeye

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:30 pm

this feature was available in yafray 009, maybe it can be ported to yafaray
Samo

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:31 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!
Sounds more or less great...wouldn't it be possible to put just that feature back into the new builds?! (Sorry if I am worng their but adding an old methodes/classes from Yafray 009 to Yafaray 011 shouldnt be that complicated)
By the way do you know when the next new stable release will be available?
projecteagleeye

Return to News & Discussion