View topic - YafaRay problem

YafaRay problem

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

YafaRay problem

Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:14 am

So I have been having problems trying to figure this out. I was wondering why I can't seem to find the background settings. below is a picture of what it looks like. under 'AAA' there should be background settings, but I don't have it. I did download YafaRay from this website and installed it properly. Is there something I have to do before that shows up? I even tried reinstalling YafaRay, but not luck.

I am using Blender 2.49 by the way. Just in case that has something to do with it.

mandelak

Re: YafaRay problem

Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:49 pm

There are some buttons in the view that are not being displayed. If you have a 3-button mouse, then click and drag the YafaRay panel downwards using the middle mouse button. You should see the buttons at the top. If you have a 2-button mouse, then hold down ALT and drag down.

Hope that solves your problem.
Felix Lorsignol
http://ro.boti.ca
florsignol

Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:42 pm

Background settings are under the 'World' Tab. As mentioned above, there are some items missing at the top, or you have omitted them from the image. The 'AAA' that you mentioned, I think you meant 'AA', has to do with anti-aliasing, or the interpolation between pixels to get rid of jagged edges and grain and the like, and has nothing to do with the background.

Hope this helps.
Attachments
yafex.jpg
AJM

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:16 am

Thanks no I understand that AA has nothing to do with the background it's just that I was working off a tutorial and background settings was underneath AA.

yeah I purposely left out the top buttons.

This was the image that I saw on the tutorial and was wondering why mine didn't have it. I guess they may have moved it in the newer release.

Once again thanks
mandelak

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:33 am

Oh I see. I was a little confused myself as to what you were getting at, but now that I see your example, I understand the confusion.
AJM

Return to News & Discussion