View topic - Architecture and Yafaray

Architecture and Yafaray

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

Re: Architecture and Yafaray

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:15 pm

heretic wrote:
b. SSS eg in the beginning
c. the ring shape DOF in the scene with the round window - I doubt you can even deliver a good basic ring shape DOF for postpro to deliver such result
d. instancing - here and with other stuff render time of yafaray can and probably willb ecome an issue. Doubt it? Ok, 13 Min vid = 780 seconds = 15.600 - 19.500 frames. Lets assume only 10K needed to be rendered, others are just moves on one still or focus/defocus,... Still, try to calc a realistic render time with yafaray for this amount of frames with all features enabled aka lightning, volumetric, particles,... and then add the amount of test renders for some scenes.
e. workflow - coupled with d., yafaray doesnt offer the workflow to work efficiently on such a project.
f. coupled with d: render times
g. align HDRI lightning image with Hi-Res background image (yafaray doesnt even really offer to do that - its try and error - if only god would give us a sIBL integration for yafaray....)
h. animation and animation workflow - we got some issues there too - mark me you can get around most with some tricks - still... most tricks kill render times as well as the workflow
i. materials - V-Ray material library is awesome and if you have a close look at it, we are not able to create all materials similar in affordable time. Dont think so? Brwose those: http://www.vray-materials.de/highlights.php esspecially the lack of some procedural features kills us (colorband, brightness/cotnrast/...)
j. ....

Material library is great for people that don't know how to use the material settings or don't have the time to learn it. And that is for any render engine not just vray. yafaray material system is very flexible and it would be very interesting to keep a MatLibrary but I think that should be a user community task (like any other render engine: vray, maxwell, indigo, Luxrender, fryrender, etc)... :D
Attachments
materials.jpeg
Last edited by condar on Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

condar

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:18 pm

@Heretic,

Can the current V-Ray/Blender interface deliver all of the features of your list? There are still limitations, I think.
jrboddie1

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:23 pm

jrboddie1 wrote:@Heretic,

Can the current V-Ray/Blender interface deliver all of the features of your list? There are still limitations, I think.

No, current VRAY/Blender integration is
a. not finished yet
b. current versions deliver results but imho suck (parts of it due to Blender current version imho)

So VRAY/blender cant do all of this atm.
Kunden-besser-informieren.de

Images posted by me are solely posted for the purpose of the yafaray project. Any other commercial or non-commercial use, modification etc. of my images and its content requires my written permission.
heretic

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:57 pm

Ok guys....nice duel...but...fuck on Vray, lets talking about Yafaray.... :wink:

www.hangardesign.ic.cz  www.hangardesign.wordpress.com /use google translate

HANGAR

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:59 pm

Those are some lovely materials condar, I like very much. :D
stoneage

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:57 am

About material...every material used in my results are my work...by the way..where I can download Yafa materials and how I can us them...?.. :D :wink:

HANGAR

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:34 pm

stoneage wrote:Those are some lovely materials condar, I like very much. :D

thx... it's a scene I made for test yaf(a)ray materials (the only one available right now was made for yafray). So if you like the scene and want to try I ll put the blend file for download... only if you think it's ok :D

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

condar

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:54 pm

I would also like it :D
So, then, this is the new official 'material probe' model & test scene? It's nice :)
_Mo_

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:06 pm

In all aspects , material database of Yafaray is really usefull idea...I am ready to share my materials

HANGAR

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:21 pm

condar wrote: So if you like the scene and want to try I ll put the blend file for download... only if you think it's ok :D

Yes please. A standardised scene would be very helpful for testing and sharing materials.
stoneage

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:43 pm

stoneage wrote:
condar wrote: So if you like the scene and want to try I ll put the blend file for download... only if you think it's ok :D

Yes please. A standardised scene would be very helpful for testing and sharing materials.

I'm not sure "standard" is the right word :D but I hope you like it. the scene is in Finished Work thread

http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/ ... f=5&t=3224

condar

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:04 am

stoneage wrote:There is already an architectural challenge available here:-
http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/ ... =11&t=1473 :D

If you can find someone to render it with V-Ray it might make for some interesting results.

There is also this challenge just finished:-
http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/ ... =15&t=2908
http://www.ronenbekerman.com/the-gh-hou ... s-renders/

I'm sure many were made with V-Ray, and the model is still available for download. Why not have a go with that ? :D

:D Nice try :D
I said : v-ray render, model and textures.
The idea is to see de real difference between renderers. Thats my challenge.
Manuel_Ramos

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Manuel, you are reading my ideas... :D
In last finished images in gallery is this space nightly rendered ...my lights, furniture /as a Museum of design version :wink: /...

HANGAR

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:37 pm

I used these:-
http://blender.bevice.ru/scenes/index.html

....but I don't think it is a reasonable comparison as the materials are so basic.

Why do you need V-Ray textures?
stoneage

Previous

Return to News & Discussion