View topic - weird forum time => cannot post :-/

weird forum time => cannot post :-/

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

weird forum time => cannot post :-/

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:50 am

Anyone have the same problem?

Yesterday i made a post and about an hour later i wanted to post something else, but the forum kept telling me i cannot post yet (spam protection) and i should wait a little :shock:

Okay i went to my last post to see when it was and noticed the time was well in the future (18. Jan 2:0soemthing when it was 17. Jan 23:05 when i tried to post again)...

My time is set to GMT+1 if that matters...
Lynx

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:57 am

Yes, I see weird problems with time in WC Unfinished thread, in finished projects. I don't know what happened. :(

About the time we have problems with it. Maybe some phpbb guru could help to us. Server time is GMT, and I have phpbb configuration set to "GMT", but the time is not right in forum.

Any hint? I was thinking on install a time mod that I read about on phpbb homepage.

Luis.
Luis
Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:59 am

OUCH! Now forum time is correct to me! I have GMT+1 and it shows the correct time!
Luis
Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:46 am

Hm i've set it to GMT currently and so far it seems ok, maybe that toilet is just evil :D

Unfortunately i'm a total PHP dummy...can't help you with such things.
Maybe there's also one or the other bug in the forum...
Lynx

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:41 pm

I think I can figure out what happened.

Although our host system time was set right to GMT, maybe databases server had a bad setting. So when system admin puts the clock back, phpbb forum turns "confused" and it had problems with posting during about four hours (the time was four hours fast).

Some new posts, like chronoh's one, was added on the past (back to the future! 8))

Now it seems all are ok.Touch wood!

Luis.
Luis
Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:50 pm

ok...one problem less, but one remains, i still don't get email notification on posts :cry:

guess they are all getting rejected like the activation email.
but i think i can live without.
Lynx

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:40 pm

You can try to change the e-mail address in your profile. Maybe your e-mail account provider is rejecting this domain for some reason.

Luis.
Luis
Site Admin

Return to News & Discussion