View topic - 0.1.1 rc3a MacOsX scripts not installing properly

0.1.1 rc3a MacOsX scripts not installing properly

Post here general questions about usage of YafaRay and about the Blender Exporter UI

0.1.1 rc3a MacOsX scripts not installing properly

Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:57 pm

Hi guys,

As mentioned above, in latest rc3a installer, scripts don't get installed inside the Blender.app (located in /Applications/Blender/Blender.app) but create a "PythonScripts" folder instead. The symlink to the UI doesn't get installed and hence yafaray doesn't appear in blender's render menu.
In previous rc3, script installed fine and the options showed up in "render".

regards,
Alvaro F. Celis

pd. Dunno where else to post this, but I think a "bug reports" forum should be created (I think there used to be one?) ;)
afecelis

Re: 0.1.1 rc3a MacOsX scripts not installing properly

Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:24 pm

When you install Yafaray, you can choose where the script will be copied.
By default it's installed in Applications/Blender, but if your Blender application is not there, you have to choose the other process and tell where your script directory is.

The bugtracker is here:
http://www.yafaray.org/development/bugtracker/yafaray
bupla

Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks a lot Bupla, I'll try the other methond isntead then ;)

And many thanks for the bugtracker link.

regards,

Alvaro F. Celis
afecelis

Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:03 pm

Jensverwiebe, the official Yafaray Master for OSX, has just corrected this issue.
Now, the scripts get installed inside the Blender application, no new directory is created.
bupla

Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:10 pm

I'm back.
The second option doesn't allow you to select any path at all:
It just says it will install into a universal script folder, but I don't know where that may be, and the installation just goes on through without asking for your blender app location.

Anyway, it's weird cause even when having the app where the installer used to find it, it's not working. It shouldn't create the folder I mentioned in my original post. Now I'm in a worse situation, lol ;) Since now I don't know where that symlink is and neither can I set my blender scripts' path to it. I don't know why from the 3 majorly used OSs, Mac is always the pain in the neck.

I think I'll go with option 1 again, create a folder "Blender" in applications, copy my app there, install yafaray and then copy all of my scripts from blender.app into yafaray's "PythonScripts" folder so that I can point blender's scripts path there.

regards, and thanks for the help.

Alvaro F. Celis
EDITED:The script (using install option 2)also gets copied in Applications/Blender/PythonScripts, so it was just a matter of setting blender's scripts path there. However, when trying to launch yafaray's UI blender crashes. I got python 2.5.1 installed, compiled blender using this version and rc3a uses it to as well so I don't know what's making it crash. :(
afecelis

Return to General Questions and Blender Exporter UI