View topic - Windows binaries compiled with MinGW

Windows binaries compiled with MinGW

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

Windows binaries compiled with MinGW

Post Thu May 14, 2009 7:01 am

Now that there are already Windows binaries for YafaRay 315 in the downloads section, it is worth mentioning that many changes have been implemented so there is a better installing experience, and there should be speed improvements so Linux and Windows times are not so different. The main change is that the Windows binaries have been compiled with MinGW, which is a port of the GNU utils for Windows. The MSVC distributable libraries aren't needed anymore.

Also there is a new Windows installer compiled with NSIS, so the YafaRay binaries and the QT libraries are installed with the same installer, and previous YafaRay versions are detected and unistalled if found.

In case you want to check, remember that the Python scripts are installed differently from the 305 on. The installer will create a 'python' folder in C\program files\yafaray with all the scripts needed except from one, which is placed in the Blender scripts folder, called yafaray_ui.py. The QT libraries are inside the YafaRay folder as well.

Regards.
Samo

Re: Windows binaries compiled with MinGW

Post Thu May 14, 2009 10:37 am

Hi Samo:

I´ve tried to install the new r315 and I get and error.
I´ve tried different ways: uninstalling the previous qtlibraries, installing the previous qtlibraries and then installing r315, installing in differents folders, etc...

For the english speaking ones: the screenshot says "Error to iniciate the aplication, because Qtcore4.dll was not found. The reinstallation of the aplication can fix this problem".

I don´t know if it´s an error of the way I´m installing it or from the exe.
Anyway, I like a lot the new way of installing it. Looks better and it´s easier :)
By the way, I have Windows XP SP2 32bit.

Greetings.
Attachments
error.jpg
Arkinauta

Post Thu May 14, 2009 10:40 am

hi arkinauta, remember to unistall the previous version first. Just installed and had the same error, check if there isn't some yaf_* scripts in your blender scripts directory, in my case there was the yaf_export.py in there, i've deleted it and now works fine. The only script that should be in blender scripts directory is yafaray_ui.py.

hope it helps
Last edited by paulo_gomes on Thu May 14, 2009 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulo_gomes

Post Thu May 14, 2009 10:40 am

yes, the problem has been reported here too:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthr ... 06&page=11
Samo

Post Thu May 14, 2009 10:59 am

Many thanks to both of you.
It works perfectly :D

Greetings!
Arkinauta

Post Thu May 14, 2009 12:37 pm

Samo,
The new direction Yafa is taking is great. 315 is indeed much faster in windows and I love the improved organization of the QT dlls and the python scripts. Is the documentation for building Yafaray going to be updated with all these changes? And in the case of windows, updated explaining how to to use MinGW and not require the msvc libs anymore?

regards,
Alvaro F. Celis
afecelis

Post Thu May 14, 2009 12:41 pm

Yep, that stuff is going be update ASAP!
Samo

Post Thu May 21, 2009 2:25 pm

hey hey

had the above problem, which was solved when i deleted all the yaf* scripts in the Blender scripts directory and reinstalled Yafaray.

now, when i go to select Yafaray in the scripts menu, it gives me the attached message (Entry Point Not Found).

any ideas? this is the first time ive seen anything like this...
Attachments
090521_yafarayScriptError.jpg
---
tom
StompinTom

Post Thu May 21, 2009 8:07 pm

Be sure you don't have older yafaray versions installed and yafaray python scripts in forgotten folders. Only the last version installed stuff must be in your computer.
Samo

Post Fri May 22, 2009 3:46 am

wiped everything, scoured the Blender folders and took out the old Yafaray folder and reinstalled everything. no luck.
---
tom
StompinTom

Post Fri May 22, 2009 4:58 am

StompinTom wrote:wiped everything, scoured the Blender folders and took out the old Yafaray folder and reinstalled everything. no luck.

Check for QT libraries in program files/blender foundation/blender and delete them.
Samo

Post Fri May 22, 2009 12:55 pm

kapow. there were a couple yafaray files in the scripts folder with _ infront of them, so i missed them on my sweep. works now! thanks a bunch for your help! testing now...
---
tom
StompinTom

Post Fri May 22, 2009 1:10 pm

ah... possibly not the right place for this, but is instancing with DupliFaces supported? it seems to be exporting every single instance of my DupliFaced object...
---
tom
StompinTom

Post Fri May 22, 2009 2:12 pm

StompinTom wrote:ah... possibly not the right place for this, but is instancing with DupliFaces supported? it seems to be exporting every single instance of my DupliFaced object...

Not it isn't yet
Samo

Return to News & Discussion