View topic - Just testing and experiment

Just testing and experiment

Only for showing your progresses and for art related questions. Not for asking about usage.

Just testing and experiment

Post Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:29 am

(please click on the pic to get the full one as the forum cuts it)

Hello all,
Its been really a lot of time since I have posted something.

Just recently I came back a bit to 3D as I am doing something else for a living. But I think of it night and day :) so I just did this little test last night with some 3d assets.

The whole scene for now is about 15.6 million poly and is taking 1.7 gig of memory. Nearly 3 hours was needed to render. I used pathtracing.

The blurry background is the HDR pic I use to light the scene. A sun too was used as you can tell with the shadows. I could not give a proper material to the car though.

I will try to finish it with some buildings in the background in the weekend maybe and maybe with another car and 3D character.

I have always wanted to see how good would Yafaray be with exterior rendering, I think that it will be interesting to see how this little project ends.

Good day to you all.
flagus

Re: Just testing and experiment

Post Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:45 am

Nice, but i think you need more improvement to materials as colors doesn't match to the scene, the road is a bit smaller ( out of scale) with relation to the car. You may also adjust the angle of sun to 5 deg. up just on my opinion to give softer shadows.
Jay07M

Post Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:35 pm

Hello Jay,
Thanks for comment. Yes the road is too small for the car. I'll try the sun. I think that I'll redo the all scene for it to be more appealing, with a house or some houses with some more cars and people. The purpose was to test Yafaray with a complex scene for exterior rendering. As I said it used 1.7 gig of memory, as I have 8 gigs I will push it more.
flagus

Post Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:59 pm

flagus I can't see your images. Do you need to have a photobucket pro account to see them?

Regards,

Alvaro Celis
afecelis

Return to Works in Progress