View topic - Modern house using Yafaray

Modern house using Yafaray

Only for showing your progresses and for art related questions. Not for asking about usage.

Modern house using Yafaray

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:51 am

Hi there. I started new project. In this render I used BPT Integrator, other integrator gave me NaN result (black dots).
Odilkhan Yakubov

Re: Modern house using Yafaray

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:26 am

Not bad, very good lighting balance. If you have time, can you find the source of the black dots please? Thanks.
Samo

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:54 pm

Samo wrote:Not bad, very good lighting balance. If you have time, can you find the source of the black dots please? Thanks.

are you mean to find the solution for the NaN?
Odilkhan Yakubov

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:59 pm

Hello,

If possible we would like to be able to replicate your case with NAN to try fixing it in the code.

Is it possible for you to create and send to us a simple scene that generates black dots/NAN based on the scene you had problems with?

Thanks and best regards!
David Bluecame

Post Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:46 am

I will just testing again with some scenes for more understanding problem.
Odilkhan Yakubov

Post Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:18 am

Hi. Why the denoiser so smoother and why the rendering so slow?
I used all integrators for the scene:
1. DL AO: poor and strange;
2. Photon mapping: a lot of time for rendering and some lacks;
3. SPPM: normal & speed ratio, but black cone artifacts;
4. PPT: slower for this integrator in exterior and noise; 5. BPT: faster, good GI, but has bug with Transparent background.
Summary: needly new Material system, Color management reconstruction (Filmic), fix bug with Trans.back, improve Particles system.
Odilkhan Yakubov

Post Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:25 pm

Hi Odilkhan

1. DL is not poor and strange, it's a direct light algorithm so it works like Blender internal if you want. Very useful and fast for opened scene like exterior or product/studio rendering. The Audi ( http://www.yafaray.org/gallery?g2_itemId=4738 ) was rendered with DL and as you can see, it's quite efficient.

2. Photon Mapping is my favorite. Really good speed/quality ratio, specially for interior rendering. Yafa get one of the best Photon Mapping method I ever used, so accurate that you can use it for exterior scenes.
You just need to know how to use it and ( i promise) you will like it ;)

3. SPPM is quite strange for me, sometimes it provide good results, sometimes no. I have to practice more to get good results, but I can say it AA passes are very fast in this method.

4. PathTracing is an old method but unbiased and the more precise and physically correct. The best for exterior ! But yes it's still slower, the new Russian roulette can help on this.

5. Bidirectional PathTracing is good engouh for some rendering, I like the fast AA passes and the " progressive" rendering of it. Maybe this method could be used for 3D preview and GPU acceleration like Cycles...

I believe that Yafaray need to stay in an "easy to use" stage, material system should look like the one inside Corona Render.
For Color management, you can use too the Tonemap node in post-compositing, it provide very good results without Filmic !

I'm working on a Render Engine Comparison including Yafaray and the downloadable scene will be a benchmark too ( interior rendering)... stay tuned ! ;)

Best regards

Olivier Boscournu __ riofranco design  Montpellier _ France   http://www.olivier-boscournu.com/

Rio

Post Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:48 pm

I by all means agree with Rio - photon mapping is one of the fastest (and generally the best) Yafaray integrators. In my experience, it produces less noise than PathTracing. And the way it reproduces realistic lighting - it's incredible and, IMHO, something Cycles lacks.
maverick

Post Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 am

Hi.
Thank you Rio for your response! ;)
BTW: Can't wait your "Comparison benchmark scene". :D
Odilkhan Yakubov

Return to Works in Progress