View topic - Bathroom

Bathroom

Post here your finished projects. Your work could form part of our gallery!

Bathroom

Post Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:06 pm

Here's a rendering of design concept, so there's no shower screen and other important details which exists in every normal bathroom. The designer's goal was to give a color solution for the ceramic tiles, 'cause everything else had been already bought and placed. Design: Dmitry Pavlov aka negativa (http://my-interior.com.ua).

This is a first project, rendered in 0.1.2. Huge thanx, guys, for IES support and camera clipping! :D
Attachments
final_cam1_NEW.jpg
final_cam2_NEW.jpg
suomi

Re: Bathroom

Post Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Nice, the furry rug under the tub looks like its alive ;) The ceiling is very reflective, is that what it should look like ? Tiles are done perfectly, are they spanish, italian, polish ?
wmigda

Post Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:43 pm

Grat images. Maybe I would have used a bit of bump + glossy mapping on the dark pattterned tiles. Can you give us information about your render settings.
Samo

Post Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:48 pm

Seriously stop posting photos! :D
The detail, as always, is amazing, a bit noisy in the sink, but a clean render must be a neverending story and the carpet looks as if it was real
Best regards
AlejandroSoto

Post Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Amazing! The only thing I have to criticise is that your toiletpaper seems to be made out of silver ; P.
projecteagleeye

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:42 am

Thanx :D

Nice, the furry rug under the tub looks like its alive

Yeah, it crawls around the bathroom when the lights are off. :D

The ceiling is very reflective, is that what it should look like ?

Yes, I've been told so.

Tiles are done perfectly, are they spanish, italian, polish ?

Keeping in mind, that this tiles are only exist in designer's mind, they are likely Ukrainian :) . The real tiles will be picked up at the last stage of the project.

Maybe I would have used a bit of bump + glossy mapping on the dark pattterned tiles.

I asked a designer about a bump on tiles during modeling, and the answer was "no bump, only different exp and glossy strenght".

Can you give us information about your render settings.

See below. I think, I set the threshold too low, that's why rendering took 20 hours and the noise is still there.

The only thing I have to criticise is that your toiletpaper seems to be made out of silver

Doesn't really understand. It's pure shinydiffuse with a translucency, how can it be metallic? :)
Attachments
Снимок.png
suomi

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:02 pm

Suomi, one tip for porcelain material...
Try to use just a shinydiffusemat material with turned on Mirror Strenght parameter...no Glossy material, looks not like a porcelain, looks weird... :!:

www.hangardesign.ic.cz  www.hangardesign.wordpress.com /use google translate

HANGAR

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:23 pm

for porcelain I would use oren nayar for diffuse with a high sigma
Samo

Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:01 am

Thanx, it may be useful for speed up rendering. I think, shinydiffuse with mirror is faster than coated glossy, is that so?
suomi

Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:44 am

Shiny diffuse with reflection controlled by IOR instead of uniform mirror, and diffuse component would be oren nayar with a high sigma, so the rounded surfaces reflect more light.
Samo

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:52 pm

What I meant with the silver toiletpaper is that it seems to have glossy material with aniotropic turned on, that is how it looks to me. Maybe the holder of it reflects light in a weird way.. anyhow I would put a bump map on the paper this might solve the appearance thing and add even more realism to your stylish render. (Although it is hard to improve something which is allready (near) perfect)

Regarding the speed of shinydiffuse vs. coated glossy, shinydiffuse is always faster in my experience.
Last edited by projecteagleeye on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
projecteagleeye

Post Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Suomi, black belt of Yafaray :wink: :!: Great render !

Olivier Boscournu __ riofranco design  Montpellier _ France   http://www.olivier-boscournu.com/

Rio

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:24 am

Floor corners and the area on the floor below the bottom edge of the door seem to lost a little shadow of sorts or may be a little ambient.
thelilsaint

Post Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:34 pm

Caustic Photon Count=1???

Nice indeed anyway!
MarcoA

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:47 am

Caustic Photon Count=1???

Yup! :D Caustics in this scene makes no sense. Besides, it helped to speed up rendering.
suomi

Return to Finished Projects