View topic - Contest Topic and Rules

Contest Topic and Rules

12 June 2014 - 31 August 2014

Contest Topic and Rules

Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Jaktens_tid.jpg

Render by Jaktens Tid, YafaRay Summer Contest 2010.

Contest Topic
The contest topic is Lost in Time. This topic is taken from the final words of the replicant Roy Batty in Blade Runner:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

In your work you can hyphotesize about past, present and future events and cultures whose remembrance is destroyed by the pass of time and oblivion. You can depict those events in their ocurring moment or just render their way into becoming forgotten. We are looking for awesome ideas, modelling and rendering in final works.

Prizes
  • The Winner and the Special Mentions will be selected by a jury composed by members of the YafaRay Team.
  • The winner will get a subscription for one year to the Blender Cloud and an almost new Nvidia GTX 570 donated by Alvaro Acefelis.
  • There will be a Special Mention category for finished high-quality works. Contestants in this category will get a DVD or book from the Blender e-shop. The winner is not included in this category.

Rules
  • Modelling. You can use any 3D package to model your entry.
  • Rendering and Post-processing. The final render might consis in a single YafaRay render pass or a post-processing and composition of different YafaRay render and data passes. Compositing against a real background is allowed but it should only contribute background sky to the final result. Other effects produced with compositors like glare, motion blur, glow, vignetting, etc. are also allowed. However, volumetric effects in contained spaces and DOF should be achieved with YafaRay tools. Contenders can use any YafaRay release to render their entry, even experimental ones.
  • Resolution. Final render minimun resolution must be 1920×1080p lanscape or 1080 x 1920p portraït, using a lossless format such as PNG.
  • Work in Progress. Every contestant must open his/her own work in progress thread in the contest subforum. The last image posted on everyone's thread will be the one considered by the jury for the voting process.
Dates
  • Starting date: 12 June 2014
  • Deadline: 31 August 2014 00:00 h. CEST
Samo

Re: Contest Topic and Rules

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:26 am

Thank you for participating guys.

Only three entries can be considered as finished for the prizes, which are
'Minimal Landscape Architecture'
'Artists worktable at the window overlooking the river'
Be strong!

In a few hours we will decide about the winner and the special mentions. Greetings !
Samo

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:06 pm

hi there

The winner of the contest is 'Minimal Landscape Architecture' by Arquitecto and in the category of 'Special mention' we have included the two other finished works, 'Artists worktable at the window overlooking the river' by stoneage and 'Be strong' by david99. I would like to mention that I feel particularly honored and happy to give these prizes to two long time members and contributors of this community which are Arquitecto and stoneage, they truly deserve it. Greetings.
Samo

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:29 pm

:)

Congratulations Arquitecto and david99.......
stoneage

Post Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:41 pm

Congrats! great work! :D
afecelis

Post Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:08 am

... :shock: I don't know what to say..
Oh well, it was my very first time taking part in a contest, and still... I've got a prize !
I am still looking for something I could take, its hard to pick something that I know will be worth it...
By the way, congrats to the other winners!
david99

Post Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:15 pm

Thanks guys,
But to be completly honest I must say I should have worked much harder.
The image shoudn't be finished. There is still some noise.
Anyway I promise I will post more works with yafa in order to overcome this fact.

Kind regards to all yafaray users.

P.S.: Stoneage, I used your builds to render all my yafa works. And your images and help is also very important. In this particular small contest you have also a very nice work too and I can also say, my favourite.
Arquitecto can be contacted here:
Arquitectos
Arquitecto

Return to YafaRay Summer Contest 2014: Lost in Time