STEAMPUNK UFO by Rio

Animation Category
Oblivion by Condar

DVD Authors
  • Oblivion by Condar
  • STEAMPUNK UFO by Rio
  • Ze Doboltrobole by bobo
  • FPS Legend by Mo

In general there has not been too much participation this time. I wonder whether the requisite to share the scene has been a deterrent for potential participants. Anyway, I believe that if we are finally able to put together a nice training DVD, is going to be a good experience after all. People are already working on the making off tutorials.

Thank you for participating. Regards.
Samo

Re: Contest Winners

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:16 pm

Samo wrote:I wonder whether the requisite to share the scene has been a deterrent for potential participants.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't think so. A couple of people dropped out, and there is probably more competition this year from the likes of Octane, Mitsuba and of course Cycles. I think that, and the lack of recent development activity has lowered Yafaray's profile in the Blender community. The number of Yafaray renders on blenderartists.org seems to be directly proportional to development progress. New or improved features attract attention.

It is of course possible that lack of confidence or perceived proficiency may have encouraged some users to want to avoid what they might see as potential embarrassment :) Nobody would want their mistakes immortalised in marketing material. I believe the release of the DVD will bring new users and rekindle interest in older ones and it will be eagerly snapped up. Watch out for the render results of those and the demo files on b.a.org

Off topic - could there be an intermediate link for the newly available 0.1.2 beta3/2.62 demo files download? It might be better if it first linked to some preview of the contents, with a short description of what it contains and perhaps some thumbnail images? People might be less willing to download 80MB just to find out what is on there.
stoneage

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Congratulations to the winners and everybody who participated!

For me it was just lack of time. If it wasn't for the last contrived Octane competition, which got extended ad infinitum, I would start a month earlier and probably finish this project in time.
_Mo_

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:34 pm

_Mo_ wrote:Congratulations to the winners and everybody who participated!

Oh yeah..... That too ! :D

Congratulations everyone.
stoneage

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:14 pm

Hi, thanks to everybody for voting, I'm very happy and glad winning ! See you to next summer contest !

Olivier Boscournu __ riofranco design  Montpellier _ France   http://www.olivier-boscournu.com/

Rio

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:57 pm

thanks for voting.. I hope next time we'll get more participants. :wink:

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

condar

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Congratulations :D

You are all so talented and make such great renders.
Jakerlund

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:14 am

Congratulations!
mookie

Return to Winter Contest 2012 - Elisabetta Project