View topic - Birth of a new era - Scene concept

Birth of a new era - Scene concept

From December 1 to March 21, 2012

Birth of a new era - Scene concept

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:19 pm

This a chair which will be part of the final scene. I hope you like it.

Last edited by projecteagleeye on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
projecteagleeye

Re: Birth of a new era - Scene concept

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:47 pm

i dont get it yet.
using 2.67 with yafaray 1.5
HobbyLightandMagic

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:26 am

What my scene will be about? By the way the render is cut-off because it is an embedded image try to fix that...

My current idea is to create an a room with view on the city, that is all what I tell right now :wink:#
To match with the topic it will contain things about science and the way human kind will live.
Maybe if I have enough time to let it render a short movie as well.
projecteagleeye

Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Here another WIP object....
It is a tablet PC, to have something technology related in ;)
Of course this is not the technology which I will mainly focused on.
Attachments
tablet9_render.jpg
projecteagleeye

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:16 pm

This is a lighting test with some models of the final scene included. If everything turns out how I want my final result will be a short movie in interlaced 3D.
Attachments
scene_setupTestRender2_4upload.jpg
projecteagleeye

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:02 pm

Sorry for not uploading for some time. I have some serious render time problems. Dont know if i can finish the animation but I'll do my best.

Try to get modelling done as fast as I can, then I take care of the settings. Any help&suggestions very appreaciated.
Attachments
scene_WIP.jpg
projecteagleeye

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:48 pm

If you want advices on rendering you'll have to post your render settings & lights setup.
_Mo_

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:38 am

Sorry of course ;) Was just to busy yesterday, upload it this day (about 3h)

[Edit]

Here it is. In the last render I had spot lights in but they produce a lot of caustics or artifacts, so I removed them.
Sun is the only light in the scene (+ HDR). My question is how can I optimize my render settings for better speed.

Size of objects will be adjusted as well, didn't notice it before :S got a lot of work in school lately
Attachments
problemUpload.jpg
projecteagleeye

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:47 pm

I think most of the noise comes from the HDRI, if you have IBL enabled. Disabling IBL and using only the sun and maybe some area lights on windows will produce a less noisy render.

You probably dont need that much raydepth & shadowdepth; 4 should be enough (even less if your glass objects dont have thickness).

You should also increase adaptive AA samples to at least 2, as the word goes around 1 is not efficient. And use more than 2 AA passes with an even lower threshold. Depending on the quality of your photon map (which you should post also :) ) you may need to increase FG samples too.
_Mo_

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks for the fast reply, problem identified. The lamps where causing that extrem amount of noise, which was not revomed after increasing AA or deactivating caustics. I would like to have them in, but do not how to change material or setup to get rid of the noise. All are solid closed meshes; for the hull coatedglossy, inner part shinydiffuse with high reflection and lamp it self shinydiffuse with emission.
Would the photon map still be needed for analyzing?

All other settings have been changed, renders slightly faster with lower raydepth and I gonna disable the IBL which is slowing down as well and not adding significant better ligthing or reflections. I tried to keep AA down at first because of the render times, but it works fine now.
BTW HDRi wasnt causing noise.
projecteagleeye

Post Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:52 pm

This is the technology it will mainly be about. Just a quick udate post more info later. Also just a wip hope i get all done in time ;)
Attachments
biotest_2.jpg
projecteagleeye

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:38 am

I am very sorry to say that I will not be able to finish any entry for the contest due to lack of time. I have just to much to do in school and I hope you will still have enough good entries for the DVD.

Anyway I will post my current results although they will not be included
projecteagleeye

Return to Winter Contest 2012 - Elisabetta Project