View topic - Out of contest - Cryo´s submission

Out of contest - Cryo´s submission

From July 4 to August 31 - Participate !

Re: Out of contest - Cryo´s submission

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:45 pm

Well , regarding measurements:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/flash-gordon-sparkling-rocket-fighter-74327745

12" = 30.48 centimeters of lenght , and the window sill has about 0.85m , ence it was a big toy!..

Yes! i was doing the blur in Yafaray, never done post before, at least not for that purpose...but does the blur effect that i achieved looks wrong ?
cryo

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:20 pm

cryo wrote:Yes! i was doing the blur in Yafaray, never done post before, at least not for that purpose...but does the blur effect that i achieved looks wrong ?

You just need a whole lot of samples to get free of noise. That means: long rendertimes.

Blur effect in after process with blender nodes are much, much, much faster and it still looks realistic.
HHS

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:32 am

Well seems that time caught up on me! i´ve been trying to work a bit more in the past 2 weeks, but even that didn´t seem to be enough.
Still needed a lot of texturing , and different approaches towards DOF , not to be mentioned the scenery.
Still it was great fun, and above all give me the opportunity to learn a lot blender/yafaray ,and also to see that i have a long way to go in this matter.

I´ve also seen a lot of exquisite work around here, give me will to learn more ;)

Perhaps in future contests i´ll be more prepared.
In the meantime here it is my final render made in 7.5hours :P

1.png
Final submission for the contest
cryo

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:39 am

I like it but given the direction of your key light simulating a sunset, I would use a much warmer and slightly more powerful sun light, with an wide angle (1.0 or more)

First rule of the ligting artists: isolate and fix your key light, then worry about everything else
Samo

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:21 am

Thanks Samo, maybe i am able to apply that hint on a future contest, or perhaps on my everyday tasks at work.

I´ve been messing around with an aplication for adjusting HDR images called Luminance, and here is the result:

HDR Adjusted.jpg
Adjusted through Luminance HDR

Me thinks it approaches the old photo theme...

Ps: I was unable to upload as a PNG file , no matter how i saved this particular file
cryo

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:05 am

Hm, try Reinhard kernel instead...
_Mo_

Previous

Return to YafaRay Annual Contest - 2011 Edition