View topic - Glazed corridor

Glazed corridor

From January 5th to February 28st 0:00 GMT, 2011

Glazed corridor

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi There,
Finally I decided to join this contest. I will be making a glazed corridor. A bit simple scane but we will see.
First Pic.
Attachments
glazed bridge3.png
Koczek

Re: Glazed corridor

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Little update on the plants and on the rails. I want to add some more plants to the sides. Maybe some bigger palms in containers.
I would need to add some lampshades, but currently I have no idea where to put them, and how should they look like. :(
Attachments
glazed bridge6.png
Koczek

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Added a building to the background and some palms :)
Attachments
glazed bridge9.png
Koczek

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:17 pm

Hello. Just a little update on the materials.
Attachments
glazed bridge11A.png
Koczek

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:17 am

Hi there,
This is my last one as I am bored to reply to my own comments :(. I would rather focus on creating my website now.
Good luck for all the others.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10052190/Big4.png
Koczek

Post Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi, Looking good.

now that you have finished everything ;) I have a couple ideas that might make it a little better.

The image is a bit flat because the lighting is very even. try increasing the brightness of the sun/decreasing the brightness of the sky to get greater contrast. Maybe the sun could even be in the shot.

Also the floor texture looks good but if you decrease the exponent on it's gloss and add a bit more bump I think it would look better.

Oh and if you made the leaves on the plant a little less saturated I think they would look more real. They look a little oddly green in a world that is very blue and grey.

good image. I like the building int he background. I also like that there are no people (really a good thing) it gives it a uberclean slightly creepy future look.
loh

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:54 am

I would use a wide dark red colored wooden floor to contrast the predominant colors and to support the perspective effect, but with a layout perpedicular to the camera, so balance the linearity of the scene a bit as well. I would keep on testing new material combinations.
Samo

Return to Winter 2011 Contest - Amazing Architecture