View topic - Sun Disk Width of Circumsolar region

Sun Disk Width of Circumsolar region

General discussion on lighting, backgrounds, Global Illumination, rendering parameters and tonnemapping.

Sun Disk Width of Circumsolar region

Post Sat May 02, 2015 6:20 am

Why does increasing the value for Width of Circumsolar region make the sun disk smaller? Circumsolar is defined as "surrounding the sun". I would think that increasing the value would increase the size of the area around the sun (making it larger). Maybe I am not understanding what Width of Circumsolar region means?

Thanks,
oort
oort

Re: Sun Disk Width of Circumsolar region

Post Sat May 02, 2015 8:23 am

Hello,

Acording to the documentation that's normal. Please see: http://www.yafaray.org/documentation/userguide/backgrounds#darksunsky

Best regards!
David Bluecame

Post Sat May 02, 2015 2:33 pm

Thanks for the response. Yes, I knew that was how it is documented to work. It just didn't make sense to me that it would be that way... :? Why would increasing the width make the sun smaller???

It is ok that it works that way. It just seems it would be confusing for people using it for the first time... :(

Thanks,
oort
oort

Post Sat May 02, 2015 4:43 pm

Hello,

I'm still "landing" and just beginning to understand a bit the internals of the materials, textures, etc, so I cannot yet give you an answer for this. Maybe it was decided in the beginning for some reason (?).

Best regards!
David Bluecame

Return to Lighting and Rendering