View topic - Resize IES light

Resize IES light

General discussion on lighting, backgrounds, Global Illumination, rendering parameters and tonnemapping.

Resize IES light

Post Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:45 pm

Hi, may i know how to resize ies light? And do i need to use ies importer for yafaray? if so can somebody give the ad don link? Thanks a lot
Jay07M

Re: Resize IES light

Post Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:48 pm

Hello,

I've seen there is a software in Internet but I've never used it, so no idea if it will work or not with YafaRay, but it's worth a try!

http://jamiecardoso-mentalray.blogspot. ... s-for.html

It looks like it can be downloaded from here?
http://www.rip3d.net/web/en.html#/free/downloads
David Bluecame

Post Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:44 am

H, Thanks a lot. I found out that IES light has relation to yaf-spot light parameters. what I did was create first the spot light adjusted its parameters ( angle,range ) and then change it to ies light. Once I have IES light chosen I can activate again spot light and then change the settings I want and then go back to IES. I am not sure I'm right but I thinks it works on me.
Jay07M

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:03 am

Hum... Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think you can change IES shape with spotlight settings, I have tried and it does nothing. The shape of an IES light is described in the IES file, only power and color are editable settings.
Samo

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:12 am

Hi, What i did was changing the range, angle of spot light and then activate again the ies light. It works on me
Jay07M

Post Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:21 am

Hi Jay07M,

it works only in the 3DView. If you decrese the angle at spotlight settings and switch to IES then the IES cone is also decresed.
But on the rendered Image the IES-Light is allways the same.
Bonsaif

Return to Lighting and Rendering