View topic - Mapping Oren-Nayar testing thread

Mapping Oren-Nayar testing thread

Post here questions about using YafaRay materials, texturing and procedural models.

Mapping Oren-Nayar testing thread

Post Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:25 pm

David has implemented a new feature we hope it could make a difference in your diffuse shading work, which is the possibility of mapping the oren-nayar value itself using an scalar texture. Good diffuses give depth and soul to the scenes, and we believe this new feature can help us to achieve this goal.

With this feature you can use different values of sigma across a diffuse component of a material. You can use this feature on its own, however we believe it will produce better results when you use it to enhance a relief mapping work (normal, bump, displacement), enhancing variation across a glossy shader, mutual interference with color mapping, etc.

this is a first test to give some idea about we were looking for with this feature, a blend material mixing two identical materials except but one adding also bump mapping, and a second mix on which the bumpy part is also adding more oren nayar.

bump variation
bump variation+ Oren Nayar sigma variation

I will keep on adding more stuff as soon as I can test the builds.
Samo

Re: Mapping Oren-Nayar testing thread

Post Sat May 02, 2015 6:47 pm

For your information, in 0.1.99-beta3 I have extended the Sigma mapping to Glossy and Coated Glossy materials as well, with many more texture mapping options for all materials.

More info here: http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5091
David Bluecame

Re: Mapping Oren-Nayar testing thread

Post Thu May 21, 2015 2:38 pm

Keep up the good work. I'm glad somebody picked up the work on this great rendering solution.
AJM

Return to Materials and Texturing