View topic - UV mapping a cardboard box

UV mapping a cardboard box

Post here questions about using YafaRay materials, texturing and procedural models.

Re: UV mapping a cardboard box

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:58 pm

EDIT: Exporter works fine with the Official 2.65a release from Blender site wich is r53177

the ui panel problem appeared with r53355
the texture problem appeared with r53460

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

condar

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:58 pm

As part of blender r53460 the "Use Alpha" setting was removed from blender textures and associated with the image datablock, this change appears to be the only issue causing a problem for yafaray.

So it seems that fixing this is simply a matter of a couple simple changes in the exporter, for example:

io/yaf_texture.py, line 314:

old:
yi.paramsSetBool("use_alpha", tex.use_alpha)
new:
yi.paramsSetBool("use_alpha", tex.image.use_alpha)

and io/yaf_material.py, line 119:

old:
useAlpha = (tex.use_alpha) and not(tex.use_calculate_alpha)
new:
useAlpha = (tex.image.use_alpha) and not(tex.use_calculate_alpha)

With these changes the exporter works for me again, but somebody who actually knows python can check this. ;)
wizofboz

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:26 pm

wizofboz wrote:As part of blender r53460 the "Use Alpha" setting was removed from blender textures and associated with the image datablock, this change appears to be the only issue causing a problem for yafaray.

So it seems that fixing this is simply a matter of a couple simple changes in the exporter, for example:

io/yaf_texture.py, line 314:

old:
yi.paramsSetBool("use_alpha", tex.use_alpha)
new:
yi.paramsSetBool("use_alpha", tex.image.use_alpha)

and io/yaf_material.py, line 119:

old:
useAlpha = (tex.use_alpha) and not(tex.use_calculate_alpha)
new:
useAlpha = (tex.image.use_alpha) and not(tex.use_calculate_alpha)

With these changes the exporter works for me again, but somebody who actually knows python can check this. ;)

thanks... it works fine ;)

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

condar

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:46 am

Yes.. all right!!
Thanks wizofboz.

Edit: But, crossing values by 'contex' to 'context' create a new problems in
properties_yaf_texture, line 272.
Code: Select all
C:\blenderlast\2.65\scripts\addons\yafaray\ui\properties_yaf_texture.py:272
rna_uiItemR: property not found: ImageTexture.use_alpha

Is better make a new property inside /prop/yaf_texture.py, named 'use_alpha'.
This value is used only for Yafaray and, un-register with exit of YafaRay context.
I will make more test, before implemented.
povmaniac

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:55 pm

Did you do this substitution of names?
Managed to improve something?
I am working on an older version of blender.
Everything is ok but there is a problem with textures. I do not want to load. Jpg only. Png
silly is that every now and then change the version of a problem with the plug starts to fall apart more and more. They might have already begun to integrate permanently yafaray.
Although this is a beta but users are beginning to lose patience with yafaray because something is still falling apart. That's it, :(
ultratron

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:29 pm

ultratron wrote:Did you do this substitution of names?
Managed to improve something?
I am working on an older version of blender.
Everything is ok but there is a problem with textures. I do not want to load. Jpg only. Png
silly is that every now and then change the version of a problem with the plug starts to fall apart more and more. They might have already begun to integrate permanently yafaray.
Although this is a beta but users are beginning to lose patience with yafaray because something is still falling apart. That's it, :(

users are beginning to lose patience because Blender changes things too often. I built Blender and Yafaray yesterday on Linux 64 and it works fine. The JPG issue is due a pre-compiled version with a different version of jpeg lib. Building everything from source in your system avoid this problem of compatibility.

condar

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:38 pm

condar wrote:
users are beginning to lose patience because Blender changes things too often. I built Blender and Yafaray yesterday on Linux 64 and it works fine. The JPG issue is due a pre-compiled version with a different version of jpeg lib. Building everything from source in your system avoid this problem of compatibility.

Could be the problem you are talking about condar present above.
The vast part of my users that I use only yafaray and do not want constant change. When you finally create a stable and final version yafaray?
For me, the 2.49 version of the plug-in was better than the present.
There were changes in the program but the plug still work.
ultratron

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:53 pm

ultratron wrote:When you finally create a stable and final version yafaray?
For me, the 2.49 version of the plug-in was better than the present.
There were changes in the program but the plug still work.

I think you misunderstand. The plugin must be changed to accomodate recent changes in Blender. If the plugin is not changed the plugin will not work.

You should use Blender 2.65a and the appropriate Yafaray plugin for your system from graphicall.org. Then update your Yafaray exporter once Blender 2.66 is released.
stoneage

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Apart from personal opinions, this problem in question is very simple. If there is a variable in Blender, which is employed at the same context at YafaRay, it is possible to 're-use'. If it is not, we must create our variables, in the context in which we need them.
Greetings..
povmaniac

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:26 pm

stoneage wrote:I think you misunderstand. The plugin must be changed to accomodate recent changes in Blender. If the plugin is not changed the plugin will not work.

You should use Blender 2.65a and the appropriate Yafaray plugin for your system from graphicall.org. Then update your Yafaray exporter once Blender 2.66 is released.

Consensus that the plug must be changed. As for the appropriate plug-in blender 2.65A yafaray I already from graphicall org and then install the same. I arrive at the output which is the change in the plugin itself. :)
ultratron

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Alright, done, I think:-

PanF_2-65.png

I will update the dropbox link in a day or two.

EDIT:- New download link - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1934813/Pan-F_2.65.0.7z
stoneage

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Thanks..!!
povmaniac

Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks!
Samo

Previous

Return to Materials and Texturing