View topic - Preview Dynamic bug

Preview Dynamic bug

Ask here your questions about development and about raytracing theory & implementation. Here you can post your patches for review.

Preview Dynamic bug

Post Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:52 am

Hello,
I would like to report a bug about the preview dynamic rotation/zoom feature. I was trying to see what I could achieve with it when it crashed blender. I have started a few times and it did it again. I'm using the last build with blender 2.76b.

Hope its not a double post if this was reported before.
flagus

Re: Preview Dynamic bug

Post Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:23 am

Post the scene please. Also does it crash if you launch a render? Sometimes crashing in the material preview had more to do with rendering events in general than with the preview window.
Samo

Post Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:19 pm

Hello,
No it does not crash during render. Its when you interact with the material preview. I'm actually during some test with a scene which is a bit complex. Maybe its because of that, but it only when I used the material preview.

Ps. I'll post later today a test render of the sceneI'm working in work in progress threads.
flagus

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:15 am

An update to this bug.

Yesterday it took me by surprise and crashed Blender again. I was just assigning a material to an object.
It was a bit annoying as I lost some work.

So I unchecked the preview controls feature and it seems that Blender do not crash anymore.

No one else faced this issue?
flagus

Return to Developers' Corner