View topic - YafaRay plug-in for Wings3d

YafaRay plug-in for Wings3d

Ask here your questions about development and about raytracing theory & implementation. Here you can post your patches for review.

YafaRay plug-in for Wings3d

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:47 pm

I am working on modifying the old wings3d yafray plug-in to work with YafaRay. You can get the plug-in here. http://www.oortman3d.com/wings3d.html

The plug-in is discussed here.http://nendowingsmirai.yuku.com/topic/6239?page=1

I miss having the ability to save to a specific file name instead of having the default yafaray.tga every time I render. A more complicated request has already been made here. http://www.yafaray.org/node/324 but I don't need anything that complicated for Wings3d. I know the developers have lots of more important issues but if this is a simple change it would be great to have for the wings3d yafaray plugin... :wink:

In old yafray 0.0.9 there was a render parameter called "outfile"

Edit: I modified the Subject description to be more consistent with others.
oort
Last edited by oort on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
oort

Re: Wings3d to YafaRay

Post Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:13 pm

I also miss the ability to set the output format (.hdr, .exr, etc) in the .xml file. The .exr format would also have options for Zbuf Compression. This was possible in the old yafray 0.0.9 with a render parameter called "output_type"

I have added "rough glass" to the wings3d yafaray plug-in.

oort
oort

Post Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:49 am

Another update... I have added the ability to Enable Caustics in the render options. I still need to add the photon_only option to spot lights.
For reflective caustics use Shiny Diffuse material and set Specular Reflection to 1.0 to start. Also set spot light power to 50 to start.

oort
oort

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:28 pm

Another update... I have fixed Point Light and added Photon Only and Soft Shadows to Spot Light.

I have posted examples of refractive and reflective caustics in the wings forum thread listed above... :)

oort
oort

Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Since I am logged in I figured I would mention that there have been some more updates...
I fixed DOF and the Lens (Orthographic, Angular ("Fish Eye"), and Architect) settings.

oort
oort

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:11 pm

There have been more updates.
Most significant updates are as follows:

Addition of Photon Mapping and Bidirectional Pathtracing under Render options > Lighting.

Volumetrics are now working... with Object Type > Volume setting under Material > Object Parameters.

Meshlights are working... with Object Type > Meshlight...

See this thread in the Wings3d forum for more details... http://nendowingsmirai.yuku.com/topic/6239/Yafaray-support?page=4

oort
oort

Re: YafaRay plug-in for Wings3d

Post Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:21 am

There is an updated version of the plug-in for Wings 1.4.1 version. http://www.oortman3d.com/wings3d.html

I think I have fixed the problem with materials not showing up correctly.

UV maps are almost working. They no longer cause the plug-in to fail when present. When applied to a cube they render correctly but if the cube is smoothed the UV map becomes twisted. If anyone can point me in the right direction please help.

Edit: I think the problem is with the order of the uv coordinates that I was using. I had originally tested UV maps with the wings3d snap image tool. I thought I had the right order since the snapped image rendered correctly. After testing with a fully UV mapped (AutoUV) cube I see that even without smoothing the UV maps are twisted into a mess.

Thanks,
oort
oort

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:23 am

I am taking a break from working on UV/image textures. I have started working on fixing the cloud, marble, and wood procedurals. Not completely finished but they are working. The file is in the usual place. I have added a list of supported features pdf file on my site as well.

oort
oort

Post Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:51 am

Another update...
I have added the noise basis setting and the shape setting. I fixed wood and rearranged things in the dialog box. I also fixed a bug where the delete key would cause a crash. I think I am finished with clouds, marble, and wood... :)

oort
oort

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:27 pm

I have updated the plug-in so that it is no longer necessary to use yafray as the name for the rendered image.

I have also fixed the ability to choose the image format for the rendered image under YafaRay Render Options > Output. You can choose between tga, png, hdr, and exr.

The new version is on my website.
oort
oort

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:43 am

I have updated the plug-in again. I have added the AA Filter types to the Render Options. Choose from Box, Gaussian, Mitchell-Netravali, Lanczos.

oort
oort

Post Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:24 pm

I have fixed the Alpha Channel option in the Render Options dialog box so that you get alpha channel without having to add "-a" in the Plug-in preferences Options dialog box. Ready for download.

oort
oort

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:37 am

I have added Path Tracing to the "Lighting" options under Render Options. I modified Photon Mapping a little bit as well.

Path Tracing only works if you use a newer YafaRay build. The one posted in this thread http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3528&start=30 works. Gabriele Ferreri made this build hoping to add SSS to a newer build. Sadly SSS is not working but it does give Wings3d users access to Path Tracing and hopefully other fixes.
Ready for download...

oort
oort

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:28 pm

If you have visited the GSOC SSS thread you already know that SSS works with Photon Mapping and Path Tracing when you use YafaRay 0.1.3 Experimental. Direct lighting does not work with SSS at this time. Bidirectional lighting SSS support was not included when the GSOC SSS build was designed.

I have posted a new version. Not much new. I just cleaned out some of the old Yafray settings from the lights. I added Gradient background to the Infinite and Ambient lights. I still need to add Directional as an option to the Infinite light.

I also fixed it so that YafaRay Material Diffuse Color will no longer default to black. It will take on the properties of the OpenGL colors seen in the Geometry window.

oort
oort

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:41 pm

how the SSS shader works for you? can you post examples?
Samo

Next

Return to Developers' Corner