View topic - YafaRay.org website frequent crashes

YafaRay.org website frequent crashes

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

YafaRay.org website frequent crashes

Post Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:58 pm

Hello,

In the last weeks we have been experiencing frequent website crashes, with extended periods of downtime often of one or more days each time.

Is there anything that can be done to prevent that to happen?

Thanks and best regards.
David Bluecame

Re: YafaRay.org website frequent crashes

Post Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:16 pm

An outdated drupal module in our site is getting attacked and our hosting provider opts for shutting down our server. We are studying our options right now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Samo

Post Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:09 pm

Hello,

I just want to say that there have been recently *lots* of problems with the yafaray.org site and several people, including myself, are currently working together to try solving them.

Sorry for the inconveniences and thank you for your patience with us!

Best regards. David.
David Bluecame

Post Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:15 pm

Hello,

After some investigation about the many connectivity issues we've been suffering, we decided to migrate the site temporarily to a different server for a while to see if this solves the problems.

Since this afternoon (Central Europe time) now the site is hosted in a different server than usual. I think the site is responding better now, but there are some aspects that don't work yet too well as the e-mail notification system, etc. We will try to solve those problems over the next days.

In any case we hope we can find the root cause of the problems now, by comparing how the site works in this new server compared to the usual one.

Sorry for all the inconveniences and thank you for your patience!
David Bluecame

Post Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:49 am

Hello,

I think e-mail notifications are working now in the new server. Please let us know if you are not receiving e-mail notifications when there is a new post in a forum you subscribed to, or when you receive a private message, etc.

Also, please let us know if you see any other website malfunction now, as we might have to fine tune a few things.

Thanks!
David Bluecame

Post Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:27 am

Much better response so far and quite fast. :D
Samo

Return to News & Discussion