View topic - Summer contest 2014

Summer contest 2014

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

Summer contest 2014

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi there

Summer is about to start and I think I would be a great idea to have a contest again. This year I would like to choose the contest topic so we don't repeat past topics. I promise I will try to choose a topic as broad as possible. Also I believe two months is too much of a time and people end losing interest, so this time the contest will be shorter. Also the prize structure will change, so the winner will get a subscription to the Blender Cloud. Tell me about your ideas to get more people in.
Samo

Re: Summer contest 2014

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi Samo,
I got a spare Nvidia GTX 570 in great condition, I didn't use it much and It's got everything it comes with (box, manual, poster, cd, etc). It's similar to this one:
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Superclocked ... ga+gtx+570

And these are its specs:
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop ... ifications

I could donate it as one of the prizes. The only issue would be the shipping fees for it. Let me know if you're interested so you can help me figure out the best way to proceed.

regards,

Alvaro F. Celis
afecelis

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:03 pm

Samo wrote:Also I believe two months is too much of a time and people end losing interest, so this time the contest will be shorter.

I prefer the longer time frames, if possible. I don't have a lot of free time. :)
stoneage

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:43 am

afecelis wrote:Hi Samo,
I got a spare Nvidia GTX 570 in great condition, I didn't use it much and It's got everything it comes with (box, manual, poster, cd, etc). It's similar to this one:
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Superclocked ... ga+gtx+570

And these are its specs:
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop ... ifications

I could donate it as one of the prizes. The only issue would be the shipping fees for it. Let me know if you're interested so you can help me figure out the best way to proceed.

regards,

Alvaro F. Celis

Thank you Alvaro! Sure I will add them to the prizes list. About the shipping costs, do you know how much could they amount if it is shipped to Europe or USA?
Samo

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:45 pm

Thank you Alvaro! Sure I will add them to the prizes list. About the shipping costs, do you know how much could they amount if it is shipped to Europe or USA?

I'm glad :D I'll ask for a quotation based on its size/weight. If it's not too expensive I can also donate the shipping fee.

regards,
Alvaro F. Celis
afecelis

Post Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:24 pm

OK, the card is packed up and ready ;)
http://www.telardigital.com/afecelis/yafaray/gtx570.jpg
And I already have an estimate on the shipping fees to U.S. and Europe and I can also include that in the prize.

I'd like to clarify a couple of things to take into account,though:
-The videocard is not new: although it's in both excellent quality and performance condition.
-This videocard is a power hog: It uses Two 6-pin connectors and its Minimum System Power Requirement is a 550W PSU.

So keep those in mind in case the winner needs to upgrade his/her PSU.

All in all, the card is ready and available! :D

regards,
Alvaro F. Celis
afecelis

Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:19 am

Thank you Alvaro !
Samo

Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:46 pm

My pleasure tocayo! :)
Now let's get that contest started!

Regards,
Alvaro F. Celis
afecelis

Post Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:08 pm

I have already chosen the topic. You are going to like it! Also this year there will be only two categories for prizes, a winner who will get the Nividia card and the Blender cloud subscription and a "special mention" category for finished works with outstanding quality who will get an item from the Blender e-shop, this is to avoid last year problem of awarding prizes to unfinished or poor quality work. The contest is going to start in few hours. Stay tunned.
Samo

Post Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:52 am

Samo wrote:I have already chosen the topic. You are going to like it! Also this year there will be only two categories for prizes, a winner who will get the Nividia card and the Blender cloud subscription and a "special mention" category for finished works with outstanding quality who will get an item from the Blender e-shop, this is to avoid last year problem of awarding prizes to unfinished or poor quality work. The contest is going to start in few hours. Stay tunned.

Yaaaaaayyyyyyy! :D
afecelis

Return to News & Discussion