View topic - Tilt and Shift camera

Tilt and Shift camera

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

Tilt and Shift camera

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:17 am

Hi everybody.

I'm new to this forum so I first introduce myself. My name is Giovanni, I'm a Software Engineer and live in Dublin - Ireland.

As a hobby I take 3D lenticular portraits: www.framedlives.com

I'm currently writing a 64 bits C++ software under Windows 7 with MingW64 to simulate the effect of lenticular lenses over an interlaced image.

You can find some information about compiling different softwares with MinGW64 here (it took me a long while): http://www.kineticsystem.org/?q=node/19

I was thinking to use an exisitng ray tracing engine for that purpose and I came across Yafaray because it is C++ and also LGPL. But in order to do so, I would need an information.

Is it possible to create a camera with a skew factor? I essentially need a camera where the sensor is always parallel to the screen, although pointing to a different direction. Essentially I'm talking about simulating a Tilt-And-Shift lens. From the documentation I read it doesn't look like, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Giovanni
g.remigi

Re: Tilt and Shift camera

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:35 am

Hi again.

On a second thought, I guess I need an "Architect" camera rotated by 90deg around its z-axis to compensate the horizontal keystone distortion.

Giovanni
g.remigi

Return to News & Discussion