View topic - Interview with Stanislav Pyadishev-Suomi

Interview with Stanislav Pyadishev-Suomi

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

Interview with Stanislav Pyadishev-Suomi

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Yafi

Re: Interview with Stanislav Pyadishev-Suomi

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:13 am

Congrats.
:D
I was thinking that if we askin him 1000 times maybe he could make a tutorial!
So please, please please Suomi, teach us your workflow,! :wink:
Manuel_Ramos

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:25 pm

Congrats and quote Manuel for tut!
ciao
Luca. ;)
Ubuntu 11.10 64bit - Blender 2.61 - Blender 2.49b Luxrender 0.9 - YAFARAY 0.1.2. Thearender - Octane.
http://pinko3d.myblog.it/
Luca62

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Congrat ..... but on second side....
What kind of tuts talking about details...?...
For Suomis viz need : one or more satisfied clients for money factor , one powerfull machine, Yafaray 0.1.1 - Blender 2.49b , any stock deposit /http://www.sxc.hu// , textures source like cgtextures.org , mesh source like archive3d.net , pathtracing + sun enviroment , good AA set, a lot of time for rendering /path in interior is insane, 1024x768 - just sun enviro cca 18hours/ and strong iron nerves for details..... Details , details , details.... and details.... good mapping of meshes... and..... details... :wink:
Suomi have great and powerfull nerves .... Its like a sketch... Fast design sketch cant be closer to reality like very precise pencil_smooth stick_rubber sketch....Thats my opinion...
You can find tutorial for strong nerves on any YOGA forum, I mean its about it....not mystery, not trick..

www.hangardesign.ic.cz  www.hangardesign.wordpress.com /use google translate

HANGAR

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:19 am

Thank you all, guys. )

As HANGAR said, there's no any outstanding workflow, so the tutorials, at my point of view, is not needed. There are a lot of interior tutors on the internet, and all of them are telling us the same things. The best I've seen so far is this one: http://www.evermotion.org/tutorials/show/7952/modeling-and-rendering-tutorial. Besides, I don't think that my render settings are 100% correct and perfect. It could be much better and faster.

2HANGAR:
pathtracing + sun enviroment
- that's something. :D I use Photon Mapping, like everyone else.
suomi

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:35 am

This tut looks great , but as we can see, its about details and details on materials .... no special light set, no tricks... just a ant work on scene...
Suomi : Some scenes looks like path, its good to know , that s photon map.... Path in interiors is really much slow....

www.hangardesign.ic.cz  www.hangardesign.wordpress.com /use google translate

HANGAR

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:43 am

I think suomi's renders have something special, I know that he works out the exposure very well, like a experienced photograper
Samo

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:26 pm

no special light set, no tricks.

That's because there's no ultimate light solution, and you know that. Every scene is unique. But the basic things, like an Area in window, blueish sky and yellowish sun, etc, is well known. If you could find a Viktor Fretyan's pdf tutorial named "Lighting la salle" by 3dtotal.com, you'll see, that he also doesn't tell us an exact settings for each lamp. Anyway, it's a great tutorial about different kinds of lighting, including daylight, dawn, artificial light and so on.

@Samo: Thank you. This is a result of tries and errors and dozens of test renders in every particular scene.
suomi

Return to News & Discussion