View topic - (Bad) experiance with corefarm.com ?

(Bad) experiance with corefarm.com ?

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

(Bad) experiance with corefarm.com ?

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:03 pm

Hi

I need a rendering in a very short time but the corefarm.com service always fails for me (error: rc 255).

I ask wiliam he doesn't answer me since yesterday evening, poor support for a payed service :-(

And I can't find a step by step introduction how to upload files. Do I have to upload every texture separe via the browser ? Wiliam told me that the separet corefarm uploader is obsolete so I use the browser upload.
I ziped the *.xml file to a *.xml.gz (like the instruction of the page sais).

I'm pretty disapointed about his service at the moment.

Does anybody have an idea what could have done wrong ?

Kind regards
Alain
Intel Pentium 2.8 GHz 2 Cores, 8 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 480, Blender 2.63a, Win 7 64 Bit
Alain

Re: (Bad) experiance with corefarm.com ?

Post Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi Alain,

I'm really sorry for this bad experience; as I told you yesterday in a mail, all your jobs submitted through the deprecated corefarm uploader were discarded and the jobs uploaded through the web interface failed because of a missing background texture.

I hope you will try again and get your job rendered (I've reseted your balance; I forgot about this old webpage describing the process using the corefarm uploader)

Happy rendering,

William
william.le-ferrand

Re: (Bad) experiance with corefarm.com ?

Post Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:05 pm

I would like to try Corefarm.com too so I'm interested in other's experiences.
I have to render an animation and it's very long. 1,5 hour on a 2x3Ghz (quadcore) by frame. Each animation is 101 frames long and I have three for the moment.
Is it really fast? As I use a mac, will there be a difference on the render if the farm is based on PCs?
bupla

Return to News & Discussion