View topic - Yafaray Beta Release Question

Yafaray Beta Release Question

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

Yafaray Beta Release Question

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:58 am

Hi all, especially Yafa developers....When do you expect new Yafa release /I mean with integrated CSOG improvements/ in timelapse ? Or, can we , like users, expect global Yafa release with this parts from GSOC, or every part like SPPM will be special Yafa version....or any plugin system...I am no shore in this things...Thanks for answer...

www.hangardesign.ic.cz  www.hangardesign.wordpress.com /use google translate

HANGAR

Re: Yafaray Beta Release Question

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:57 am

Yafa 1.2 (the zero is really annoying and injust to software state :) ) will be released with features as are now. The GSoC projects will be integrated together into Yafa 1.3 (or that's what I remember reading some time ago)
_Mo_

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi all!

Often the testers are artist not coders. The testing process will be slow if they can't or hard to install the testing builds. Especially GSOC sources.

Sorry for bad English.
glax

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:20 pm

glax wrote:Hi all!

Often the testers are artist not coders. The testing process will be slow if they can't or hard to install the testing builds. Especially GSOC sources.

Sorry for bad English.

there is a group of betatesters trying everyday the new builds, installing and uninstalling every branch of yafaray code, sometimes installing-uninstalling several times in one day, crashing unstable code, working with 5 or 6 versions of the same source code, spending lot of their personal time checking for details and trying to catch up devs. Now GSOC projects needs to be included in 0.1.3 but that´s not an easy task for devs... it will needs time.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

condar

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:38 pm

I agree....But I need to know more about expected timeline....month, year...of 0.1.3 ....What do you think..?..

www.hangardesign.ic.cz  www.hangardesign.wordpress.com /use google translate

HANGAR

Return to News & Discussion