View topic - Two questions: what's missing and animation stuff

Two questions: what's missing and animation stuff

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

Two questions: what's missing and animation stuff

Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:56 am

Hi all,

I've two questions about Yafaray.
1 - What's missing to consider it completed to be used with Blender 2.5?
2 - Is Yafaray good for animation stuff?

About the first question I see that it's kinda odd since Blender 2.5 is not actually ready yet, but just a beta. Said that, it seems to me that anyway you guys here are doing a lot of work though and Blender 2.5 integration it's getting better. I also have to say that I don't know Yafaray that's why I'm curious about how long could be the road map to complete it.

About the second question what I mean is: how fast it can be? I'm of course talking about hi-quality image that's something achievable for sure with Yafaray (your images in the gallery are stunning).
Therefore I know that that quality comes with a price, i.e. long rendering time.

Lastly how much difficult would be right now to test Yafaray with the latest Blender 2.5 SVN builds? is it a straightforward process or does it require compiling steps or complex setups? I'm on Win 7 x64.

Thank for any info.
Pietro Desopo

Art Direction . Design . Animation
http://phoenixart.com
blog.phoenixart.com
phoenixart

Re: Two questions: what's missing and animation stuff

Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:19 am

Lastly how much difficult would be right now to test Yafaray with the latest Blender 2.5 SVN builds? is it a straightforward process or does it require compiling steps or complex setups? I'm on Win 7 x64.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3548
exvion

Re: Two questions: what's missing and animation stuff

Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:38 pm

Yafi

Return to News & Discussion