View topic - Bug or Feature ? Using Lens Shift kills all.

Bug or Feature ? Using Lens Shift kills all.

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

Bug or Feature ? Using Lens Shift kills all.

Post Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:50 pm

Hi,

When I render a scene that has a lens shift, the console starts shouting things like " QIMAGE [ .... ]coordinate 500, -10 is out of range " (notice negative value there) and then yafaray and blender crash.

I like to use lens shift in order for me to mix-and-match my renders with blender internal renders, with Lux this works really well.

I know yafaray(darktide) has an "architect" cam, but as an architect I can say that there is no visual feedback in the viewport and therefor it is useless (ok not useless, but *really* annoying).

What happened to Lens Shift, is it to be removed permanently or just broken until somebody fixes it again ?

kind regards,

wzzl
wizzleteet

Re: Bug or Feature ? Using Lens Shift kills all.

Post Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:17 pm

I can confirm that this problem with lens shift happens to me too. I think the problem is related to how the render is drawing in the qt gui window, maybe the whole render is being shifted or something and the gui doesn't like that. Anyway, scenes with lens shift render ok if you export to xml first, so you could try that as a workaround.

Unless somebody says otherwise, you should probably post this report in the bug tracker.
wizofboz

Return to News & Discussion