View topic - yafaray render pass request

yafaray render pass request

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

yafaray render pass request

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:11 pm

hi all. It would be very convenient to have render pass on yafaray. it will boost production. i have sketch during my office break. hope this will help with the idea.
Attachments
yafRenderpass request.jpg
lumina

Re: yafaray render pass request

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:12 pm

Afaik YafaRay is able to support different passes in the same go, for instance is perfectly able to calculate a zdepth pass and this feature will make the upcoming releases. Also the imagefilm block in the xml specs has somewhat a multipass spirit written on it, although yafaray is still far from becoming a true multipass engine. But I believe we can trick some algorithms to produce some multipass alike effects, for instance calculating an only indirect lighting pass with photon mapping, or independent 'caustic' passes. There is some possibilities without getting dirty on deep core modifications.

The other problem is the interface, we need to produce those independent passes in a node compositor enviroment, and using the full HDR depth, not in the QT render window.

Anyway your diagram is very interesting, and can allow for different passes in the same render. I'm not sure about rendering two cameras though at the same time, although the way cameras are configured now in Blender 2.49 is a bit silly and we could use some changes.

PD: can you post your idea and diagram in the bugtracker as a feature request, please?
Samo

Re: yafaray render pass request

Post Fri May 07, 2010 8:26 am

thanks samo. i have been looking for this post of mine. i thought its lost. thanks for very infomative reply. i still have some ideas in mind, ill post it in bug tracker after i transfer to a new job. in AD.. i do hope i can introduce blender & yafaray to this new office..so i keep track on new developments.

thanks a lot.

http://luminacgi.blogspot.com/
lumina

Return to News & Discussion