View topic - Your opinion about the new YafRay site!

Your opinion about the new YafRay site!

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:12 am

very nice, yes, but too small for displays with higher resolutions.
lemmi

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:00 pm

very very nice, thanks to evetybody who make yafray posible, thanks, thanks thanks :D :D :D

an this only por spanish people.

Perdon, pero como ya habreis podido comprobar , el ingles no es precisamente mi fuerte, espero que no le parezca mal a nadie que escriba esto en castellano, tan solo es para dar las gracias a todos los que hacen posible este maravilloso programa, y para hacer una pequeña sugerencia:
Desde la triste desaparicion de nicodigital, es muy dificil para la gente que no dominamos ingles, encontrar un foro sobre yafray y con cierto nivel, en el que exponer nuestras dudas o aportar lo poco que podamos, por eso y abusando un poco de la amabilidad de todos , sugiero que en la nueva pagina de yafray exista dentro del foro general, una seccion que podria denominarse "spanish foro", donde la gente como yo que no controlamos el ingles, podamos colaborar.
De todas formas, como supongo que eso requerira remodelar el foro, y puede acarrear mucho trabajo, si no es posible intentare partiicipar con mi ingles chapucero en los foros.
Lo dicho, enhorabuena por la nueva pagina, y por el gran y desinteresado esfuerzo que poneis para que yafray siga adenlante.
jasr

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:51 pm

Sorry Luis, I didn't make it clear.

I would never expect anyone to worry too much about spelling in posts. I am only talking about other content on the site. I would much rather have a slightly imperfect post from you than no post at all! (knowing that you are likely to be very busy)

In fact, it is nice to be reminded on the forums how diverse the people are who use and develop yafray. If everyone spoke perfect English, it would be far less interesting. Honestly, I think it is better as it is!

Now I look at it, on the whole, the spelling on the site is almost perfect except for one page which stood out in particular, the "Features page":

>Caustics explanation section:

1) technic should be technique.

>Platform independent section:

1) binaris should be binaries.

>Stand-alone render engine section:

1) Appart should be apart

>Distributed and multithread render section:

1) paralel should be parallel.
2) hiperthreading should be hyperthreading.

>Independent satellite projects section:

1) Typo (r.) at the end of Blender3d.com link.
2) "Homepage" or "Website" not "Homesite" in the Blender,org link.
3) Makehuman is a "humanoid modelling" system.
4)The inactive "YAFRID" link is in Spanish. I expect it translates to "Multiplatform grid rendering system".

And that it.

Everything else looks fine! Maybe this page was typed up quickly or similar. Fix these small things and all will be well.

Koba.
[Sanity is not statistical]
Koba

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:23 pm

Fixed.
chronoh

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:48 pm

Koba wrote:Sorry Luis, I didn't make it clear.

It doesn't matter.
Now I look at it, on the whole, the spelling on the site is almost perfect except for one page which stood out in particular, the "Features page":

Oops! I checked the whole site yesterday after your post, and I could have sworn it was free of typos. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I changed all! :? Maybe I forgot to save it or something like this.

Thank you very much for your corrections.

Everything else looks fine! Maybe this page was typed up quickly or similar. Fix these small things and all will be well.

You are right :oops:. It was typed quickly and without revision. I'll be more careful next time.

Luis.
Luis
Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:53 pm

J0hann3s wrote:very nice, yes, but too small for displays with higher resolutions.

Are you talking about forum width, aren't you? I talked with chronoh about this subject and I agree with you. Maybe we must to reduce left and right margins.

Luis.
Luis
Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:11 pm

Nice and clean website design, a very cool logo - and the forums look good as well.

It's good to see that YafRay is not dead - I just started using YafRay (was using only Blender's internal renderer so far) and I'm amazed by the quality.

I'm looking forward to improve my YafRay skills...

Cheers

Thorsten

P.S. The time settings of the server look strange to me - it's too late, or did I misconfigure it in my profile?
thoro

Post Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:39 am

Hi

The new site is wonderful. :)
Great job!

The forums are very nice.

Will there be little 64x64 Avatars like over at Elysiun?

8)
JDA

Previous

Return to News & Discussion