View topic - Enlisting YafaRay Instructors

Enlisting YafaRay Instructors

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

Enlisting YafaRay Instructors

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:30 pm

Hello,

I would like to build a workgroup of YafaRay Instructors. They will be people that teach the use of the YafaRay engine and make presentations about it. These people should have a good knowledge of the engine at user level, in all aspects (rendering, materials, texturing) and good communications skills. The teaching and presentations could happen in several enviroments:

• Private YafaRay lessons.
  • Local Blender User Groups.
  • Conferences.
  • Presentations in universities.
  • Teaching and presentation in studios.

At the moment we don't have any structure in place to support this workgroup, either economically or with 'portable' learning resources. Anyway this would be one of the goals in the long term. Also I would be good if new people can keep on joining in the workgroup as other people leave.

The idea is to have a public list of available YafaRay Instructors in the web site. Ideally this should be a free voluntary effort with local Blender user groups, small informal presentations, OSS conferences or other charitable scenarios.

However, with private YafaRay lessons, conferences, presentations in universities and studios, YafaRay Instructors should expect to be compensated, at least to cover basic expenses (transport, accomodation, etc.).

I don't know how many people are going to join, anyway it would be interesting to have some Instructors living in or near to a conurbation. I'm also interested in people attending local Blender users groups.

The ideal candidate should be a YafaRay user with already some experience on the engine, some good stuff finished, good understanding of raytracing general theory, and good communicating skills.

People interested please leave your comments here.
Samo

Re: Enlisting YafaRay Instructors

Post Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:22 pm

Yes I know I often ask some more technical questions about the Engine and GI or AA

but in terms of modeling, texturing, rendering, studio design, I think I am quite
qualified. So if you would like to you can put me onto the list.
C l a a s E i c k e K u h n e n
Artist : Designer : Educator
cekuhnen

Return to News & Discussion