View topic - How do I animate light intensity?

How do I animate light intensity?

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

How do I animate light intensity?

Post Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:28 am

Might be a simple question but my brain is fried today so forgive me :P I need to be able to animate light intensity from blender to yafaray for animation purposes. Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
neoblood

Re: How do I animate light intensity?

Post Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:23 pm

AFAIK it's not possible to animate Yafaray values, and energy values of lamps within Blender have no effect on a Yafaray rendering.
bupla

Post Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:08 pm

This is the only work around I can think of: Use area lights. The scale can be animated in blender and that controls the total intensity. you can do this with the "Make visible" option turned off if you want to. They can even be used to simulate a point light by using a box of them that are very small with very high intensities.
loh

Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:32 am

Well what if I set up copies of the lamps at different intensities and switched them out to make the illusion that the lights were changing... just a thought. Maybe I'll try that. I'm using yafaray to render out playfield lights for a pinball table I'm recreating for Visual Pinball. Here's an animated gif for an example.

http://www.imged.net/69/vp9lightdemo.gif
neoblood

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:01 am

lol go back to stop motion animation and cut all images back together into a sequence ;)
C l a a s E i c k e K u h n e n
Artist : Designer : Educator
cekuhnen

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:06 pm

Couldn't you render it once with the lights off, and render it again with the lights on, then blend them together in the sequencer?
stoneage

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:57 am

Will this be possible when Blender 2.5 arrives, with 'everything being animatable'??? (Even script generated widgets/controls)
Hyperspace

Return to News & Discussion