View topic - New YafaRay Site, input needed

New YafaRay Site, input needed

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

Re: New YafaRay Site, input needed

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:47 pm

Yo men,
after some adjustments I would reply to this topic.

stoneage wrote:It's nice and clean, but maybe something to differentiate posts would be helpful. The ones without avatars seem to run together, and it makes the page a little confusing and the posts are difficult to read.

Now the posts have had a little improvement to make them more readable separating each post with a dashed line. I improved readability removing some bold stuffs here and here. It seem better uh?

wizofboz wrote:I like the new forum. :D

I had some concerns about readability at first, but they are lessening as I get used the new layout. One thing I don't like though is the forum menu page, I think it is cluttered with too many font colors and generally hard to read. Also I think font size for the posts is too small.

Also I just noticed that images posted using the forum's file attachment process cannot be viewed unless you are logged in. I think images should be openly viewable even by visitors.

Anyway thanks to everyone who's working on the new site, it's becoming a real asset to the yafaray project. All the effort is appreciated. :)

about menu it's a work in progress, but something is already done.
Font size was increased to help readability, it should be ok ( I will not increase it more :P )
Images ( really the whole post ) should be visible to anonymous now (fixed a forum issue).
cyberlecs wrote:I liked it, it's very clean and easy to read.

but where is the button to see the unread/new posts since the last login?

View new posts link enabled, I will see for unreaded one, dunno yet.

More, the forum now should work w/o issues because of latest patches, but if you still notice some problem please report it in the bugtracker under YafaSite Component of YafaRay http://www.yafaray.org/development/bugtracker/yafaray

Tnx to all and keep us to know what's good and what's bad!
Michele Castigliego
ALTASIS - http://www.altasis.it
subcomandante
Site Admin

Post Sun May 24, 2009 8:08 pm

I have a request for the forum: Please highlight the topic. Using the same color and nearly the same fontsize makes it difficult to identify the topic when having multiple tabs open. How about having an inverted background/font color for the topic?

Background: I am opening all interesting topics of all forums and go through it. A nice-to-have feature would also be to identify the forum, e.g. "Finished Projects". But as said before this is nice-to-have.

Best regards,
Martin
http://www.martin-sand.de/
sandstorm

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:01 am

Love the new site. Got to ask though. I try to check it at work, and it dosen't show up on Windows Internet Explorer 6.02. The site turns up, but the subjects on the forums don't appear. You just see the lines between the subjects.

I'd ask my boss to upgrade the PC's we have at work, but when he found out the reason, he'd be kinda... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
teamonster

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:07 pm

I've added a new function to the website: Automatic retrieve of commit logs from svn repository
This will give the ability to look at svn commits without having to use subversion yourself and help admins to avoid keeping it up to date manually.

Currently whole YafaRay repository is shown, including branches. Later maybe I will split them.

New log page is located at: http://www.yafaray.org/download/changelog , you can found it also under Download link in the main menu.

Ciao :D
Michele Castigliego
ALTASIS - http://www.altasis.it
subcomandante
Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:51 pm

now that's cool
Samo

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:59 pm

We have done some modifications on the forum style, since a software upgrade crashed the previous style we had implemented.

Tell us if you dislike anything or if you find some quirk. There is still a bit of work to do though.
Samo

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:53 pm

I am not a big fan of the new style. The larger text in my opinion decreases quick readability.

I suppose i should give it a few more days to see if I get used to it...
loh

Previous

Return to News & Discussion