View topic - Translate yafray stuff to portuguese and some help needed

Translate yafray stuff to portuguese and some help needed

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

Translate yafray stuff to portuguese and some help needed

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:45 pm

Hello, i´m a new user of blender and yafray and i don´t no very much about any of them but i want to help you so i offer you the same thing i offer for blender. I´m from portugal so the only thing that i can do for now is translate to portuguese anything you want, you site or tutorials for example. I have some problems with yafray where can i get some help? I have blender 2.36 and i don´t now if yafray work with that version. Sorry to disturbe you.Thankyou and goodbye.
ioan

Re: Translate yafray stuff to portuguese and some help neede

Post Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:37 am

Hi, ioan, you're welcome.

ioan wrote: I´m from portugal so the only thing that i can do for now is translate to portuguese anything you want, you site or tutorials for example

Before start any translation, maybe you must ensure that there are enough people interested on Portuguese versions of tutorials (I suppose so). Then tell me what you want, and how do you like to work. I mean, if you want to translate and then I put it on wiki or you prefer to work on wiki...

I have some problems with yafray where can i get some help?

Here, of course ;) . But you need to be a bit more specific. YafRay works with Blender 2.36, you can use our tutorials on wiki, although they was written for previous versions.

Thankyou and goodbye.

Muito obrigado, tchau.

Luis.
Luis
Site Admin

Translate to portuguese

Post Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:17 am

Well Luis if you don´t mine i prefer translate and then you put it on wiki, because i don´t know how to work on wiki, i bet it´s very simple, but for start i prefer that way. I don´t know if it´s better to start tranlating the manuals first or other stuff, i leave that choise up to you, to me it´s equal, just tell me and i do it. I think there are a lot of people that would like to see thing translated to portuguese.
Thankyou and goodbye
ioan

Post Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:20 am

It's ok for me. Send to me your work and I'll put it in on wiki.

I think that its better to have the tutorials translated first, but feel free to choose yourself.

Good news for portuguese/brazilian community. ;)

Luis.
Luis
Site Admin

tramslate manuals to portuguese

Post Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:12 am

Luis, where can i download the manuals to translate them. when i have it ready i send them to where, your email?
ioan

Post Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:15 am

All tutorials are available at wiki pages. I think that Gaurav guide has also a pdf for downloading. In fact, this tutorial is part of the official Blender guide. There are people in Brazil [blender.com.br] working on portuguese translation of the guide. Maybe you must inform them about this translation, look at this forum.

You can send files to my e-mail luis(at)yafray(dot).org

Luis.
Luis
Site Admin

Translate manuals to portuguese

Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:42 pm

OK Luis, í start to translate the caustic tutorial. Is there any program that you prefer me to write the translatio. I´m do it in word.
Other thing, if you don´t mine i need to tell somethings, personal things so if there´s no problem where can i send you a massage or talk with you in private?
One more thing, when i make a simple scene on blender and i try to render it with yafray it doesen´t appear anything, the render window stay black. What am i doing wrong? Sorry but i´m new in this things :?
ioan

Re: Translate manuals to portuguese

Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:43 pm

ioan wrote:OK Luis, í start to translate the caustic tutorial. Is there any program that you prefer me to write the translatio. I´m do it in word.

It's your work, so you must use your favorite tool/program. I don't have problems with Word, because after translation I'll put tutorial on wiki (cut&paste). And we always can convert it to an open format (like openoffice) or free format like pdf and put it for download. So don't worry, work with a handy tool for you.

Other thing, if you don´t mine i need to tell somethings, personal things so if there´s no problem where can i send you a massage or talk with you in private?

No problem at all. You can send an e-mail to luis(at)yafray(dot)org.

One more thing, when i make a simple scene on blender and i try to render it with yafray it doesen´t appear anything, the render window stay black. What am i doing wrong? Sorry but i´m new in this things :?

Well, we need more info about it, like console messages, yafray and blender versions, OS, if you're using YafRay as plugin or with xml export, etc... You can ask it, but please open a new thread in Blender&YafRay section on this forums. It's not a good idea mixing topics.

Luis.
Luis
Site Admin

Translate yafray manuals to portuguese

Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:27 pm

Luis i need to now onething.
I've diceid to change my metod of work just to give some order to the translations. I started to translate the caustc manual but i think its better start first with the FAQ and continuos translate in order of appearence don't you think??
What i need to now is if there is anyway that i can edit a page and translate directly on the page and then send it to you? It´s a lot more quikly if i do it in that way.
ioan

Re: Translate yafray manuals to portuguese

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:26 pm

ioan wrote:Luis i need to now onething.
I've diceid to change my metod of work just to give some order to the translations. I started to translate the caustc manual but i think its better start first with the FAQ and continuos translate in order of appearence don't you think??

Order is arbitrary, so it doesn't matter. FAQ section are incomplete, if you want you can translate faqs about compiling.

What i need to now is if there is anyway that i can edit a page and translate directly on the page and then send it to you? It´s a lot more quikly if i do it in that way.

It is the way that wiki works... :wink: You can edit pages online (like in a forum), so I could create portuges pages for you, originally in english and then you can edit and translate it. Anyway, If you prefer work offline, just cut & paste the original text.

Luis.
Luis
Site Admin

Translate yafray manuals to portuguese

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:05 pm

Ok Luis, let´s do it. It´s time to rock n´roll :D
When you have the pages ready just tell me.
ioan

Return to News & Discussion