View topic - Some news about Yafaray promoting and features request

Some news about Yafaray promoting and features request

General questions related with the YafaRay Project, 3D computer graphics and about this site.

Some news about Yafaray promoting and features request

Post Sun May 12, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi guys :)

Some news for Yafaray !
I showed Yafa this friday to students of Epitech, a dev school in France. They were interested by the soft and some of the students want to help for dev, each in different parts. One of them is OK to watch how to use Yafa on GPU, specificly on his RTX 2070. Maybe we'll see in the future Yafa working on GPU :)
To help developping, here's some features I introduced:

_ a new shader system, one for all like the shader of Corona ( Ubershader ?)
Every settings in one shader, like a bit Blender Internal or Principled BSDF in Cycles. This unique shader will simplify the workflow especially for new users, and consolidate the easy use of Yafaray.

_ Embree acceleration for rendering and others features like displacement,etc...

_Interactive viewport like Cycles

_Light Group like in Corona and Luxrender
A very interesting feature, allowing to get several light moods without re-rendering for each of them

_faster export

_Cleaning the render passes
The render pass system of Yafaray is very complete and efficient but a little bit confusing in it management.
For example you can change any pass by an other one ( Color pass can be change to AO pass,etc...). I think that every pass should be defined and have the choice to add a " custom pass" that could be the one we need ( a " custom pass" as " debug pass" for example or " Diffuse no shadows", etc...).

I'm waiting for their returns about that, but I hope to see Yafa's dev continuig , thanks with their help or anyone else :)

Olivier Boscournu __ riofranco design  Montpellier _ France   http://www.olivier-boscournu.com/

Rio

Re: Some news about Yafaray promoting and features request

Post Mon May 13, 2019 9:26 am

Very interesting ! Some of your proposals won't be very difficult in my opinion but then maybe we would need to enable again rendering in an external viewport like in the past we did with QT libraries, for instance for implementing some kind of interactive rendering. Blender is a limiting factor many times when implementing new features.
Samo

Post Mon May 13, 2019 2:02 pm

Thank you for the update!
Harvester

Post Mon May 13, 2019 4:17 pm

For me there's no problem to have an external viewport for interactive rendering, like Corona does with 3dMax ( yes I know, I use may times Corona as a reference ;) but it's very impressive in lot of domains like features, quality, speed rendering,...).

Olivier Boscournu __ riofranco design  Montpellier _ France   http://www.olivier-boscournu.com/

Rio

Post Mon May 20, 2019 10:59 pm

Im interesting too. Any little news about what exactly are they starting working on the code?
Odilkhan Yakubov

Return to News & Discussion