View topic - Documentation - User Guide - unofficial .pdf

Documentation - User Guide - unofficial .pdf

Post here tutorials and links to tutorials about YafaRay and other CG training material related to YafaRay

Re: Documentation - User Guide - unofficial .pdf

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:51 pm

No, unfortunately I don't know of any software for which you could just copy paste. Once I complete a port as long as the changes don't come in to quickly I wouldn't mind maintaining that version.

Before I start for real I will make test that demonstrates each object to get an OK on the formatting.
loh

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:31 am

I'm not sure if this is the right place to propose minor corrections/addendums to the user's guide, but I'll do anyway... :lol:

A thread in the forum recently pointed me towards mirror mapping of a shinydiffuse material. And I came to think there is a little piece of information missing in the Material Modulation - Specular Intensity section of the guide:
If you map mirror strength in shinydiffuse, the corresponding texture that is applied to the RayMir slot needs 'CalcAlpha' activated in the texture settings. Otherwise it won't work correctly (or at all).

Mapping to Csp and Cmir works with and without 'CalcAlpha'.
IkariShinji

Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:06 am

IkariShinji,

Thanks for your heads up, it indeed works as you say. First of all, please report it as a bug, since this is not the expected behaviour and it is certainly redundant.

Secondly, you, as many other users, have got documentation editing rights, so you can make the change in the guide. I only ask people making changes in the user guide, to report them in this thread:
http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/ ... =14&t=1598

We are trying to change a bit the project's culture about collaboration, we really need to transform this into a shared effort between all people involved.
Samo

Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:03 pm

Edited for conflict of language...
Greetings.
Povmaniaco.
Last edited by povmaniaco on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
povmaniaco

Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:05 pm

povmaniaco, sorry but you must not use spanish in the yafaray forum
Samo

Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:46 pm

Samo....
Este es todo el ingles que soy capaz de "crear".... Si no llega al nivel de "legible" eres libre de borrar el post.
---------------------
I have been proving a little with the documentation, trying to translate it to Spanish (or he/she should say
Castilian?).
I have made it a little for "interim" use mine, and it is not anything professional, among other things, because
I am denied for English. Never study such a language and all that learned has been with the help of time
navigating and consulting documents in this language through the net.
Passing to the matter... this it has been a little the process that I have continued for this translation: (or
traducidio)
-1 INTENT...
- To open the different sections of the manual.
- To translate them with the utility of Google.
- To keep them in my pc for a later "assembling" in an only document HTML.
ADVANTAGES...
- He/she stayed intact the structure of the document web.
- He/she stayed "editable" easily for the later corrections to the "traducidio" of
Google.

INCONVENIENCES....
- The biggest "volume" of data to manage.
- But difficulty of to "export" or to share the fruit of so arduous task with the other ones.
- But necessary time.
.... BANKRUPT.

-2 INTENT...
- To already take advantage of the work fact ..... http://static.yafaray.org/guide/YafaRay_011_guide.zip
- To export the one. PDF with Adobe Acrobat 7.0 to HTML 3.2.
- To load it in Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and to translate it with the bar of Google.
- To keep it as. Htm (it paginates complete web)
- Compiled a file .Pdf with Acrobat 7.0 again
.... GOTTEN.

I attach a .zip with a non completed part of final PDF, to have an idea of the result.

I work to make...
- A translation but it "dies" (it requires but knowledge of those that I prepare)
- A better "maquetacion" that avoids courts of you paginate in uncomfortable places to read.
- And but you devise or suggestions that I am willing to listen....
To finish... [/u]
- As I already said, I made the work for own use, but here I expose it for if somebody but this
interested in contributing ideas or means to improve it and to get and worthy and useful result.
- I can provide the document entire PDF, even with the shortcomings already commented previously.
- I ask for forgiveness to the usarios non Hispanic-speakers and the administrators of this Forum for so
extensive post in a non habitual language in the one. I believe that for the nature of the exposed work, it was
the best option.
- My lacks with the language used in this forum, he/she makes that my contributions to the they are not, neither in
I number neither in content, as fruitful as the use that make, and the interest that I have in Yafaray.
- I wait that the one post it is useful interesting i/o for somebody.
Greetings .... and Merry Christmas.
Sorry for my "horribilis" english...
Attachments
pdf.png
Extracto_guia_YafaRay_011.zip
(119.82 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
povmaniaco

Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:53 pm

We are planning to add a 'translate' option for the user guide documents, to centralise these translating efforts in the yafaray site and to host the translations here, and to make it a real collaborative effort (everyone with writing rights will be able to collaborate), but the implementation is not finished yet.

Also we would like to give some recommendations before allowing translations, so it does not become a gate for unfinished translations and failed commitments.

Povmaniaco, please wait for a while till we get it finished.
Samo

Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:53 pm

Not pretend to make the work of translation of the documentation of Yafaray me alone... Alone it presented here, something made for my use and personal learning. But well like an orientation, for people's type that he doesn't like to sit down to wait until others make the work. Lament to have infringed a norm from the forum when writing in a not allowed language. I ask for forgiveness for this fact. Although I also say that it is an error, not to enable some sub-forum type, in a language that well could be Spanish, given the quantity people for which is as own language. People that feel a great interest to learn the here exposed, but that are with the added difficulty, of having to make it in a language that is not his. Imagine, if it is already difficult to understand and to learn the technical concepts of the raytracing, like to add this handicap.
As it can imagine, the difficult thing that it can be me to my, to have to use a strange language that I don't dominate, to answer according to the norms of this forum, when both share the same language. (Life prospers for Power Translator Pro.)
As well as I said before, I would like to be able to participate but of this forum, but my poor English level they don't allow me to make it.
Level that takes me to imagine the quantity of misprints that I should be making when writing this answer.
Greetings.
povmaniaco

Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Povmaniaco, you don't need to be sorry, we appreciate your interest. I have suggested a subforum or a dedicated thread in spanish language too, but this is an subject the Yafaray team doesn't have a common opinion about.

When the 'Translate' option is available I will be pleased to help you translating some parts into spanish.
Samo

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:34 am

The download link for the Yafaray 0.1.1 are broken.
tonilluch

Previous

Return to Tutorials & Learning Resources