View topic - Blender crash after Yafaray enabled.

Blender crash after Yafaray enabled.

Post here general questions about usage of YafaRay and about the Blender Exporter UI

Blender crash after Yafaray enabled.

Post Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:33 pm

Hi, I installed Wafaray 320 for Blender 2.78c
https://github.com/YafaRay/Blender-Expo ... tag/v3.2.0

But Blender crash immediately after Yafaray is activated.

From terminal:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what(): std::bad_alloc
Aborted (core dumped)

Whats wrong?
System: Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS
CPU FX-9590

I had the same problem with previous Yafaray version, I was lazy to solve it, so I wait for new version, but today it's the same :-(

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance. Lubos
Shubol3D

Re: Blender crash after Yafaray enabled.

Post Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:35 pm

Hello,

Thank you for reporting a problem. I deleted another post you put that was somehow duplicated.

Please, make sure of this:
* Ensure that you download the correct version for your operating system (Linux in this case) and that you use the correct architecture (32 or 64 bit) depending on your operating system and Blender version.

* Try using YafaRay combined with the blender 2.78c downloaded from blender.org website and not the one coming with the Ubuntu distribution.

* Make sure there are no other YafaRay versions anywhere in the Blender addons folder. There are several possible locations for the Blender addons folder, for example it could be in /usr/share/blender/scripts/addons and also in $HOME/.config/blender/2.78/scripts/addons Remove any previous versions of YafaRay from all of them.

* Make sure there are no other YafaRay forks such as The Bounty renderer in those locations as well.

Please let us know if you still have problems.
David Bluecame

Post Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:08 pm

Hi David and thanks for reply.

Before I create this topic, I reinstalled Blender and deleted everything in 2.7x folders founded on my HDDs.
I download newest (2.78c) Blender version and YafaRay.v3.2.0.build.for.Blender.2.78.for.Linux.64bit.zip

Any other ideas?
BTW: It's not highly important for me, I just want to try it, so if you manage to find time for this I'll be thankful. If not, no problem, never mind.

PS: sorry about double post.

Best regards.
Shubol3D

Post Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:23 pm

Hello,

I will try to do the same, but it'll take a while as I have to install Ubuntu Studio,

Are your Ubuntu version and Blender version 64bit versions?
David Bluecame

Post Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:58 am

Hello,

In a virtual machine, I've installed Ubuntu Studio 64bit, then downloaded Blender 2.78c for Linux 64bit from blender.org, downloaded the YafaRay v3.2.0 for Linux 64bit, installed the yafaray zip file using Blender User-Preferences Add-Ons page, enabled it and used it without a problem.

Please take a good look. Maybe you have a YafaRay fork such as TheBounty? If yes, please remove it as well.
David Bluecame

Return to General Questions and Blender Exporter UI