View topic - YafaRay experimental v0.1.99-beta3 builds Windows and Linux

YafaRay experimental v0.1.99-beta3 builds Windows and Linux

Users-contributed CVS development builds. Post here your questions about compiling the source code.

YafaRay experimental v0.1.99-beta3 builds Windows and Linux

Post Sat May 02, 2015 4:52 pm

I've prepared the new YafaRay Experimental v0.1.99-beta3 with several fixed and new features. I hope you like them.

I've also prepared Windows 32bit / 64bit and Linux 32bit / 64 bit builds. You have the download links for all of them, information about the changes and the source code in here:

I also included some example scenes to test the new Extended Texture Mapping system.

The most important changes from beta2:
* Now it works with the latest development builds of Blender (2.74.5). Blender made a change that caused black renders but thanks to Jens Verwiebe that's fixed! :-)

* Extended Texture Mapping system. I've added many new options for texturing materials. In the GitHub link above you have the examples. I will be putting the images in this forum so we can discuss about them:

A note: unfortunately some antivirus software is raising a malware warning with my builds. I don't understand yet why it happens because AVG / ClamAV are not detecting anything wrong in my system (I hope it's ok!!!). So I've uploaded the builds to MetaScan online and from the 43 virus engines, aprox. 40-41 say it's clean and 2-3 say there is some unknown threat. I believe they are just false positives, but in any case please also take a look.

I hope you like the changes. Please tell us if you have any issues.

Best regards. David.
David Bluecame

Re: YafaRay experimental v0.1.99-beta3 builds Windows and Linux

Post Sun May 03, 2015 3:07 pm

I can't wait to test it!

It's great what you're doing here. I'm sure there are a lot of users really interested in your efforts and yafaray development.

Tank you and great work!

Return to Testing Builds