View topic - Willing to pay US$100 for a blender 2.71-x64 Windows build

Willing to pay US$100 for a blender 2.71-x64 Windows build

Users-contributed CVS development builds. Post here your questions about compiling the source code.

Re: Willing to pay US$100 for a blender 2.71-x64 Windows build

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Okay, I just checked the build on two computers, my main one (Windows 8.1 Professional 64bit) and my laptop (Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit) with the newest version Blender 2.72b, and it worked on both. The laptop hasn't had any Blender installed on it before, so it was completely fresh. Also, the error messages says that a file is not found, but that file is actually in the package. Have you tried to install any other version of yafaray on your blender instance that you're using? It may be colliding with my build. But other than that, I don't really know why it doesn't work.

Also, I did find a bug. You can't remove the addon with Blender's "Remove" -function, but instead you have to delete the folder manually. That is most likely because when you load the plugin, yafaray loads a dll file that Blender doesn't know how to unload, but that is just a guess.

And sorry for double posting, but there was so much new information that I thought it to be a good idea to post a new post.
Datafox

Post Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:31 am

Thank you for checking it and I have a question about your Blender installations: do you install it with the Windows installer or do you use the zipped (portable) version?

For your information, I never ever "install" Blender since it's a NO GO for me, and it works magnificently. Therefore, since you wrote that you compiled it initially for Blender 2.71 I created such a version environment, besides the 2.72 I did yesterday, to test your build, and the result is absolutely the same as I described before.

The way I do setup Blender is done on purpose to isolate it from Windows user's local configurations. As you can see below from the systeminfo.txt generated from Blender Help menu, under Directories, everything happens only inside its own directory:

============================================
= Blender 2.71 (sub 0) System Information =

Blender:

version 2.71 (sub 0), branch b'master', commit date b'2014-06-25' b'18:36', hash b'9337574', b'Release'
build date: b'2014-06-25', b'22:33:12'
platform: b'Windows:32bit'
binary path: 'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\blender.exe'
build cflags: b'-
[... omissis]
build system: b'SCons'

Python:

version: 3.4.0 (default, Apr 19 2014, 02:21:04) [MSC v.1800 64 bit (AMD64)]
paths:
'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\scripts\\addons_extern'
'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\scripts\\addons'
'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\scripts\\startup'
'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\scripts\\modules'
'C:\\Python31'
'C:\\Python33'
'C:\\Python34'
'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64'
'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\python34.zip'
'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\python\\DLLs'
'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\python\\lib'
'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\python'
'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\python\\lib\\site-packages'
'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\scripts\\freestyle\\modules'
'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\scripts\\addons\\modules'
'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\scripts\\addons\\modules'
'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\scripts\\addons_extern\\yafaray\\bin'

Directories:

scripts: ['D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\scripts']
user scripts: 'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\scripts'
pref scripts: None
datafiles: 'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\datafiles\\'
config: 'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\config\\'
scripts : 'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\scripts\\'
autosave: 'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\autosave\\'
tempdir: 'D:\\Blender\\blender-2.71-windows64\\2.71\\temp\\'

Inside the D:\Blender\blender-2.71-windows64\2.71\scripts\addons_extern there is only your addon's folder \yafaray. I presume that since in both cases (2.71 and 2.72) the error is exactly the same and the other build I referenced before instead works fine on both, there must be something different in your build or somewhere else.
Furthermore, just in case, I always seach and delete all __pycache__ folders below the installation root directory (D:\\Blender\\blender-[version]-windows64\) to be sure there are no remains from previous executions of the application when I test it. I forgot to mention that I have Administrator privileges both locally and on our network domain.

After some more testing and comparing your build with "The Bounty" one I noticed that what makes it crash is what's inside your \bin directory but not being a programmer I cannot go into much more deeper details. I hope it might help.

Thanks
Harvester

Post Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:17 pm

Hmm, that shouldn't really matter. On my main computer I have the blender "installed", but I don't get any of those errors. That error you get states that a library was not found, when that library is indeed in place. Also, now that I tested it again on 2.72b, I still don't get errors but Blender crashes when trying to render. It doesn't happen with 2.71, in which I can render it with no problems, even now when I tested it again. It's most likely something that changed in Blender between versions, but changelogs give no light to this. As I said, I'm not a developer either, and right now I'm completely in the dark. I'll post updates if I find something new on this.
Datafox

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:14 am

Harvester wrote:
Instead, if I don't disable it and render a Yafaray scene Blender crashes.

This doesn't happen with the "thebounty_0.1.6.win64" build
kenanaybati wrote:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16287483/thebounty_0.1.6.win64.7z

Hope this might help and thank you in anticipation.

Hi..
Thanks for the free publicity, but this is my personal project based on YafaRay, but quite different, with many new options. Let me make this clear, to avoid confusion for users.
Nor does it seem right, promote my project in this forum.
Greetings and sorry..
povmaniac

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:02 pm

Hello Povmaniaco,

I got your build from this:

http://www.yafaray.org/community/forum/ ... 12&p=30802

It wasn't surely my intention to unappropriately advertise your build, and please excuse me.

Thanks for your patience and for your valuable contribution to the YafaRay project.
Harvester

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:25 pm

Harvester. No problems... Just wanted to clarify this issue.
povmaniac

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:43 pm

povmaniac wrote:Harvester. No problems... Just wanted to clarify this issue.

Sorry but there are issues only in your imagination. If you don't want people to make publicity about your work then don't make it public in the first place. People in this forum can talk about and link to anything they find in the free internet, as long as it has something to do with computer graphics or YafaRay, which is clearly your case. On the contrary, you don't have our permission to intimidate people here in this community with your recurrent bad manners, Povmaniac. Please don't do it.
Samo

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:05 am

Acefelis' Linux 64bits build works in Blender 2.72
Attachments
yafaray.zip
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 265 times
Samo

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:10 am

Samo wrote:Afecelis' Linux 64bits build works in Blender 2.72

Works for me, on Ubuntu 14.04
stoneage

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:41 am

Samo wrote:Sorry but there are issues only in your imagination. If you don't want people to make publicity about your work then don't make it public in the first place.

It seemed to me that such advertisements could annoy some people.

Samo wrote:People in this forum can talk about and link to anything they find in the free internet, at least if it has something to do with computer graphics or YafaRay, which is clearly your case.

Just warned you that this is a different version of YafaRay.
And btw, that link is a non-stable version.
And not is a public link.. that link is to my Dropbox account.
Samo wrote:On the contrary, you don't have our permission to intimidate people here in this community with your recurrent bad manners, Povmaniac. Please don't do it.

Harvester wrote:Hello Povmaniaco,
It wasn't surely my intention to unappropriately advertise your build, and please excuse me.
Thanks for your patience and for your valuable contribution to the YafaRay project.

Oh yes, it seems very intimidated.
" with your recurrent bad manners.."
Who is using bad manners now?

Have a nice day.
povmaniac

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:17 am

Povmaniac wrote:Nor does it seem right, promote my project in this forum.

Povmaniac, the GPL license gives you rights to make a fork of the YafaRay code and exporters and I personally encouraged you to do so. Let be me clear, you don't have right to censure the forum messages if they talk about your fork, moreover when it is covered by a public license, it is shared in public venues and it is based on work done by this community.
Samo

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:24 am

What the heck is happening here. When povmaniac said "it doesn't feel right to promote my project here" it obviously didn't mean "you're not allowed to do it". Instead, he just wanted to make sure that people here know that his build is not yafaray but a fork. When Harvester first posted the link here, he didn't state that but just called it a build. Povmaniac never said that posting his fork is not allowed, and you keep attacking him. Please, calm down and think rationally. Nobody here wants a shitstorm yet it's still coming close.
Datafox

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:31 am

Datafox wrote:What the heck is happening here. When povmaniac said "it doesn't feel right to promote my project here" it obviously didn't mean "you're not allowed to do it".

For me it obviously means he does not want people to talk about his fork in this community. As a moderator of this forum, I say talking about Povmaniac fork in this forum is allowed and encouraged. We can talk about anything related to YafaRay here.
Samo

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:38 am

As a moderator, shouldn't you be worried about the fact that someone may download a file that he thinks to be a yafaray build, but instead happens to be something else. Even more so, it happens to be an unstable build in a thread where the subject is on stable builds. I highly believe that this was povmaniac's only concern.
Datafox

Post Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:06 am

Datafox wrote:As a moderator, shouldn't you be worried about the fact that someone may download a file that he thinks to be a yafaray build, but instead happens to be something else. Even more so, it happens to be an unstable build in a thread where the subject is on stable builds. I highly believe that this was povmaniac's only concern.

This subforum is called "testing builds". People is encouraged to share their builds, even builds from Povmaniac's project since it is based on YafaRay or unstable ones. I don't care how that build made into this community, it has been already made public. Povmaniac can express his concerns in much more amicable ways and pretending that we can not talk about his project here is plain stupid IMO.
Povmaniac wrote:Nor does it seem right, promote my project in this forum.
Samo

PreviousNext

Return to Testing Builds