View topic - Willing to pay US$100 for a blender 2.71-x64 Windows build

Willing to pay US$100 for a blender 2.71-x64 Windows build

Users-contributed CVS development builds. Post here your questions about compiling the source code.

Willing to pay US$100 for a blender 2.71-x64 Windows build

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:01 pm

As the title says guys, I'm willing to pay for a working x64 build for blender 2.71/windows.
Since things seem to be moving a bit slow lately with yafaray's development, and compatibility has been totally lost with the latest blender, I'm looking for a humble soul that will build it for windows to make it compatible once more.
My only requirement is that he/she should be able to receive paypal payments and that the build should be made available to the public once done, hopefully on graphicall as well. Payment will be delivered the following way: 50% as a down payment for the person to start, and the remainder 50% once the product is delivered and fully-working and tested.
I do this because I require it badly for my everyday work, and I already got a working version for Linux/Mac but windows has been left out.

Or, if you consider this money should be donated to the Yafaray project instead please let me know and I'll do so, with the commitment of the team to deliver a working-windows build.

Let me know if you're interested and what you think of my proposal so we can set things up. The quicker we start this, the sooner we'll have a windows build! :D

regards,
Alvaro F. Celis
afecelis

Re: Willing to pay US$100 for a blender 2.71-x64 Windows build

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:49 pm

It is not a question of money. That's not the spirit of free software. There are other important motivations to obtain an amount of money to create a simple binaries.
povmaniac

Post Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:38 pm

This doesn't have anything to do with the free spirit of open source, its philosophy or its speech. It's just an opportunity offered to someone interested in making a few extra bucks, based on a personal need, that's it. And if anyone was interested we'd all benefit from the builds. Life is simple. Don't take simple things to such a deep level.
afecelis

Post Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:59 pm

afecelis wrote:This doesn't have anything to do with the free spirit of open source, its philosophy or its speech. It's just an opportunity offered to someone interested in making a few extra bucks, based on a personal need, that's it. And if anyone was interested we'd all benefit from the builds.

Ok. Good luck.
afecelis wrote: Life is simple. Don't take simple things to such a deep level.

I decide what is simple or profound for me.
Regards..
povmaniac

Post Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:23 pm

Regards..

I apologize, I don't mean to offend anyone. It might just be this powerlessness I feel from seeing the project so still and quiet.

regards,
Alvaro F. Celis
afecelis

Post Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:15 pm

afecelis wrote:
Regards..

I apologize, I don't mean to offend anyone. It might just be this powerlessness I feel from seeing the project so still and quiet.

regards,
Alvaro F. Celis

I'm sure povmaniaco is not offended. And we all want to keep yafaray alive. Povmaniaco is going to upload Yafaray for Windows soon I think ;) . But the main issue here is we need someone to help him to mantain the code and maybe implementing new features or fixing bugs faster....
It would be really helpfull if you join to the conversation on IRC Chat :)

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

condar

Post Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:25 pm

I am at the moment compiling Yafaray for Blender 2.71 x64. I was struggling to get it work, but it's now finally compiling. I originally wanted this for myself only, but as others need it I will upload the binaries. And as a poor student, I can always take that bounty if you're still offering it. Of course I will still upload it even if you've changed your mind. I'll be posting soon on the results.
Datafox

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:34 am

hi Acefelis

I wonder if you can open a dedicated forum thread or a graphicall.org account and upload there your built YafaRay Linux 64bits for Blender 2.71 since it is the only one so far able to work on my system, which is Linux Mint 17 64bits. I guess it can be useful to many other people.
Samo

Post Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:11 am

Samo wrote:hi Acefelis

I wonder if you can open a dedicated forum thread or a graphicall.org account and upload there your built YafaRay Linux 64bits for Blender 2.71 since it is the only one so far able to work on my system, which is Linux Mint 17 64bits. I guess it can be useful to many other people.

Sure Samo,

I'll dig into how to create a graphicall account and upload my ubuntu 14.04 build.

As of the windows build, Datafox, what do you say if we split the US$100, $50 for you and $50 for yafaray.org? Sounds fair? Let me know if you're interested and if you got that working build for windows. I really need it! ;)

regards,
Alvaro F. Celis
"afecelis"

EDIT:
I just requested Graphicall to upgrade my blenderhead status to "builder", so as soon as I get approved I'll upload my build for ubuntu 14.04/mint 17.
afecelis

Post Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:31 pm

afecelis wrote:
Samo wrote:hi Acefelis

Sure Samo,

I'll dig into how to create a graphicall account and upload my ubuntu 14.04 build.

As of the windows build, Datafox, what do you say if we split the US$100, $50 for you and $50 for yafaray.org? Sounds fair? Let me know if you're interested and if you got that working build for windows. I really need it! ;)

regards,
Alvaro F. Celis
"afecelis"

EDIT:
I just requested Graphicall to upgrade my blenderhead status to "builder", so as soon as I get approved I'll upload my build for ubuntu 14.04/mint 17.

Sorry for taking so long on getting back on this, I've been really busy with pretty much everything. Anyways, that sounds fair, after all it's their product we're talking about. You can download the build here. I hope it works for you. Built with mingw-w64 4.7.1 (fixed the error the builder nagged about in the code, basically just moved one word around, shouldn't change any inner workings of the program as far as I know). So far I haven't stumbled upon any errors.
Datafox

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:01 am

thank you for these builds
Samo

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:54 pm

Hello Datafox, first of all thank you for your build. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work properly with Blender 2.72b 64bit (Hash: 9e963ae) official release under my environment: Win7 Pro 64bit w/SP1, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTS360M 1GB VRAM. I have placed your \yafaray folder inside the \addons_extern directory (as I always do for any non official third party's addon) and when I activate it from the Preferences a popup error box generated by blender-app.exe is displayed twice. The first one says libstdc++-6.dll is missing and as soon as I click OK a second one displays saying the same about libyafaraycore.dll. At this point the addon looks checked in the Preferences. The following is what's displayed on the console:

Read new prefs: D:\Blender\blender-2.72b-windows64\2.72\config\userpref.blend
found bundled python: D:\Blender\blender-2.72b-windows64\2.72\python
ERROR: Failed to load library libyafaraycore, OSError(22, 'Impossibile trovare i
l modulo specificato', None, 126, None)
ERROR: Failed to load library libyafarayplugin, OSError(22, 'Impossibile trovare
il modulo specificato', None, 126, None)
search for unknown operator 'RENDER_OT_render_still', 'RENDER_OT_render_still'
search for unknown operator 'RENDER_OT_render_animation', 'RENDER_OT_render_anim
ation'
search for unknown operator 'RENDER_OT_render_view', 'RENDER_OT_render_view'
search for unknown operator 'RENDER_OT_render_still', 'RENDER_OT_render_still'
search for unknown operator 'RENDER_OT_render_animation', 'RENDER_OT_render_anim
ation'
search for unknown operator 'RENDER_OT_render_view', 'RENDER_OT_render_view'
<!> event has invalid window

If I then disable the addon in the Preferences the messages starting with "search for unknown ..." are displayed in the console as reported above.

Instead, if I don't disable it and render a Yafaray scene Blender crashes.

This doesn't happen with the "thebounty_0.1.6.win64" build [quote="kenanaybati"]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16287483/thebounty_0.1.6.win64.7z

Hope this might help and thank you in anticipation.
Harvester

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:30 pm

Hello! I'm sorry to hear that. I will look into it immediately when I get back home. I have tested it with only 2.71, but the errors sound like that is not the case. I'll try to have answers today evening or tomorrow.

EDIT: I looked a little closer to the errors and it sounds like an easy thing to fix. It may be that I uploaded the wrong file. I'll be home in five hours, and see into that right after.
Datafox

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi Datafox, don't worry and take all the time you need. I'm not in a hurry.

I appreciate very much what you as well as all the other developers are doing for this community and for YafaRay.
Harvester

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:38 pm

I'm just the kind of guy who likes to do everything as fast as I can because if I don't, I will forget it completely. So don't worry, you're not rushing me, I am :D

And I would hardly call myself a developer. I'm learninh programming, yes, but I couldn't make anything useful. Instead I am good at logical thinking, seeing solutions in places where others might not and just generally figuring things out on my own. That's how I got the build working.

But yeah, I'll see into it when I'm home (writing this on my phone)
Datafox

Next

Return to Testing Builds