View topic - Blender 2.7

Blender 2.7

Users-contributed CVS development builds. Post here your questions about compiling the source code.

Blender 2.7

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:48 pm

Hello,
Is there a plan to make Yafaray work with the latest blender version 2.67a.
flagus

Re: Blender 2.7

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi. The question is unclear.

Blender 2.7 or Blender 2.67a? Which version of Yafaray? Which operating system?

Are you having a problem rendering? Do you have any error messages from the console?

As someone once said, "My car doesn't work. What is wrong with it?" :)
stoneage

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:05 pm

Blender 2.7 and Yafaray works fine here on Linux64. I built both from source :wink:

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

condar

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:31 pm

condar wrote:Blender 2.7 and Yafaray works fine here on Linux64. I built both from source :wink:

Same here with Windows XP sp3 32 bits and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x64.
povmaniac

Post Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:38 pm

Hello,

FYI, on my laptop (i7 720QM 1.6GHz) with Windows 7 Pro 64bits w/SP1, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GtS 360M 1 GB VRAM, Blender 2.7.0 (hash: 19e627c) 64bit, Yafaray 0.1.5 64bit, everything seems to work fine, at least for the functionalities I use normally. So, I cannot exclude that there might be some small issue due to the Blender GUI changes or with some specific functions or operation, but generally it works fine.

Blender is always installed from the ZIP file into a dedicated directory together with some newly created folders under the [Drive]:\Blender_2.7_stable\2.70\ directory (\autosave; \config; \cache; \temp) so to have Blender running within its own clean environment.

I've also just tested le latest downloaded 64bit build (hash: 9de24c8 dated April 9th, 2014) and the only issue I found was when I loaded a blend file which I saved with a pre-release 2.7.0 version and as soon a the file is loaded Blender crashes as well as even appending the scene instead when I switch to it Blender crashes. But, it might be only a problem of my saved file because uploading a previous version saved with Blender 2.69 official build Yafaray works like a charm.

Thank you all developers and contributors from the community for the great work you've done with Yafaray.
Harvester

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Hello all,
Thanks for response and sorry I could not respond earlier.

I have downloaded the file that we get from official link and tried to instal it. It says to me the following:

"The procedure entry point vsnprintf could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

and then also shows this

"This application has failed to start becaiuse ;ibstdc++6.dll was not found. Re-install the application may fix the problem"

I never has those issues before when installing Yafary.

I have win XP SP3 32 bit
flagus

Post Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:41 pm

flagus wrote:Hello all,
Thanks for response and sorry I could not respond earlier.

I have downloaded the file that we get from official link and tried to instal it. It says to me the following:

"The procedure entry point vsnprintf could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

and then also shows this

"This application has failed to start becaiuse ;ibstdc++6.dll was not found. Re-install the application may fix the problem"

I never has those issues before when installing Yafary.

I have win XP SP3 32 bit

Unpacked inside '/yafaray/bin' folder..
Done..
Last edited by povmaniac on Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
povmaniac

Post Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi All!

When I tried to enable the YafaRay Exporter under Blender User Preferences -> Addons, I got an error report:

File "/usr/share/blender/2.70/scripts/modules/addon_utils.py", line 299, in enable
mod = __import__(module_name)
File "/usr/share/blender/2.70/scripts/addons/yafaray/__init__.py", line 79, in <module>
from . import prop
ImportError: cannot import name 'prop'

Arch Linux x86_64
Blender 2.70 (hash 19e627c)
YafaRay 0.1.5 (hash 5332)

Just to let you guys know.. I'll try to figure it out, probably a user error, haha..
lscgi

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:13 am

lscgi wrote:ImportError: cannot import name 'prop'

That is possibly the error related to the python version? I think it should be version 3.3....

Though if you are building both Blender and Yafaray from source they should both use the same version.
stoneage

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:52 am

Guys, I just upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04x64 and now all the library/software versions and most of the dependencies are newer than the ones used in the latest yafaray available from graphicall (which used to work fine with blender 2.70 in Ubuntu 13.04). I know each new release of Ubuntu (and other distros) wants to use the latest-and-greatest versions of everything, but It's quite frustrating to compile blender against these libs and then notice you've just become incompatible with the Yafaray package you had working formerly.

Has anyone compiled Yafaray for ubuntu 14.04?
@Condar: you say you compile both Blender/Yafaray and things work ok. I think that would be the best way to maintain compatibility of packages, building from source everytime and update occurs. If you're on Linux, could you please share your Yafaray build? Or could you show/teach me how to compile Yafaray to help with builds for Ubuntu 14.04? I've tried following Megasoft78's tutorial on how to build Yafaray, but it's quite outdated.

regards,
Alvaro F. Celis
afecelis

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:59 pm

afecelis wrote:...
Has anyone compiled Yafaray for ubuntu 14.04?
@Condar: you say you compile both Blender/Yafaray and things work ok. I think that would be the best way to maintain compatibility of packages, building from source everytime and update occurs. If you're on Linux, could you please share your Yafaray build? Or could you show/teach me how to compile Yafaray to help with builds for Ubuntu 14.04? I've tried following Megasoft78's tutorial on how to build Yafaray, but it's quite outdated.

hard to explain here but the most dificult part for me is to build Blender.... lots of dependencies and extras. Inside Blender source there is a script that download, compile and install all the extra dependencies (ffmpeg, boost, python, numpy, OpenImageIO and OSL). You need to build Yafaray with the same Python version. BUT Yafaray needs Python with Shared Libs... so build Python again with Shared Libs option.

to build Yafaray (Linux)

1- Download all the basic dependencies for yafaray

2- Create a folder and rename it Yafaray

3- in console go to Yafaray folder: "cd /path_to_Yafaray/"

4-Download Yafaray Core from git repo using GIT

git clone git://github.com/YafaRay/Core.git

5-Download the Exporter from git repo using GIT

git clone git://github.com/YafaRay/Blender-Exporter.git

6-Inside Core/Cmakeconfig you will find a file named UserConfig.template. Copy it and rename it Userconfig.txt.

7- Inside Userconfig.txt add the path to python libs (the one you built with shared libs)

set(YAF_USER_INCLUDE_DIRS "/path_to_python/include")
set(YAF_USER_LIBRARY_DIRS "/path_to_python/lib")

8- Inside Core create a folder (e.g. "cmakebuild").
9- in console go to "cmakebuild" and use cmake to configure the libs: "cmake ../"
10- then build yafaray running in console "make -j n" ... with n being the number of cores you want to use to make the build process faster

Don't try using "make install". Instead copy all the bindings and executables by hand to a folder (e.g. Yafaray) with the exporter and put that folder in Blender addons.

the basic process is not complicated. For more details you can try asking in yafaray IRC chat.. :wink:

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

condar

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:43 pm

Thanks a lot Condar. I'll look into it and come back should I run into any trouble.

regards,
Alvaro F. Celis

EDIT: OK, I had to tweak a couple of things here and there, but it seems to have compiled ok, yet I still can't find where the binaries are:
Code: Select all
afecelis@design02:~/Yafaray/Core/cmakebuild$ make -j8
[ 31%] Built target yafaraycore
[ 32%] [ 33%] [ 35%] Built target gradientback
[ 38%] [ 38%] [ 38%] [ 40%] [ 41%] Built target textureback
Built target sunsky
Built target angularCamera
Built target orthographicCamera
Built target perspectiveCamera
Built target exrHandler
Built target SunSky2
[ 42%] [ 45%] [ 45%] [ 45%] Built target jpgHandler
Built target hdrHandler
Built target pngHandler
Built target tifHandler
[ 46%] [ 47%] Built target EmissionIntegrator
[ 47%] [ 48%] Built target EmptyVolumeIntegrator
Built target DebugIntegrator
Built target tgaHandler
[ 49%] [ 50%] Built target SingleScatterIntegrator
Built target directlight
[ 50%] [ 50%] [ 51%] [ 51%] [ 52%] Built target bidirpath
Built target sppm
Built target SkyIntegrator
Built target pathtrace
Built target photonmap
[ 53%] Built target yafarayplugin
[ 54%] [ 56%] [ 57%] Built target bglight
[ 59%] [ 59%] [ 61%] [ 61%] [ 62%] Built target arealight
Built target spotlight
Built target ieslight
Built target spherelight
Built target directional
Built target sunlight
Built target pointlight
[ 63%] [ 64%] [ 65%] Built target coatedglossy
Built target blend
[ 66%] Built target glossy
[ 68%] [ 69%] Built target roughglass
Built target simple
Built target shinydiffuse
[ 70%] [ 70%] Built target glass
Built target glossy2
[ 71%] [ 73%] Built target volumetric
Built target basicnodes
[ 74%] [ 75%] [ 78%] [ 79%] Built target basictex
Built target ExpDensityVolume
Built target GridVolume
Built target NoiseVolume
[ 80%] [ 80%] Built target UniformVolume
Built target SkyVolume
[ 80%] Built target yafaray-xml
[ 82%] Built target _yafrayinterface
[ 97%] Built target yafarayqt
[100%] Built target _yafqt
afecelis

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:11 pm

afecelis wrote:...

EDIT: OK, I had to tweak a couple of things here and there, but it seems to have compiled ok, yet I still can't find where the binaries are:...

inside Yafaray folder (where Core and Blender Exporter are) I create another folder named "yafaray" (the one that will be installed in Blender Addons). To install everything in it I run a simple script. After that I just copy the entire folder to Blender addons

Code: Select all
#!/bin/bash

#copy all the official exporter files to ./yafaray_folder
cp -rfv ./Blender-Exporter/* ./yafaray/
# bin
cp -rfv ./Core/cmakebuild/src/bindings/*.so ./yafaray/bin/
cp -rfv ./Core/cmakebuild/src/bindings/*.py ./yafaray/bin/
#cp -rfv ./core/Core/cmakebuild/src/xml_loader/yafaray-xml ./ownyafaray/bin/
cp -rfv ./Core/cmakebuild/src/xml_loader/yafaray-xml ./yafaray/bin/
cp -rfv ./Core/cmakebuild/src/yafraycore/libyafaraycore.so ./yafaray/bin/
#cp -rfv ./core/Core/cmakebuild/src/gui/libyafarayqt.so ./ownyafaray/bin/
cp -rfv ./Core/cmakebuild/src/interface/libyafarayplugin.so ./yafaray/bin/
# plugins
cp -rfv ./Core/cmakebuild/src/backgrounds/*.so ./yafaray/bin/plugins
cp -rfv ./Core/cmakebuild/src/cameras/*.so ./yafaray/bin/plugins
cp -rfv ./Core/cmakebuild/src/image_handlers/*.so ./yafaray/bin/plugins
cp -rfv ./Core/cmakebuild/src/integrators/*.so ./yafaray/bin/plugins
cp -rfv ./Core/cmakebuild/src/lights/*.so ./yafaray/bin/plugins
cp -rfv ./Core/cmakebuild/src/materials/*.so ./yafaray/bin/plugins
cp -rfv ./Core/cmakebuild/src/textures/*.so ./yafaray/bin/plugins
cp -rfv ./Core/cmakebuild/src/volumes/*.so ./yafaray/bin/plugins

#then copy the entire folder to blender addons

condar

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:07 pm

Condar, you rule! :D

It's working fine now. The only thing the script is missing is the creation of the 'bin' folder and its subfolder 'plugins', but I created them by hand and re-ran it and then I had a nicely organized and working yafaray installation! :D :D :D

Now my next issue is with official blender not being compiled with libjpeg (or other jpg libraries) resulting in all of my materials that use a jpg bitmap not sowing up. This always forces me to compile blender from source instead of using the official builds, but compiling blender in linux is painless, however, this time in ubuntu 14.04 I'm getting a segfault-core dump error caused by openexr's 'libIlmImf-2_1.so.21' and I haven't found a way to fix it.

But this is a total breakthroug for me!!!!!!!! I'm so happy! Thanks a lot Condar.

PS. you can download my build here (Ubuntu 14.04 X64):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2jlzrv7mlonjj9/yafaray.zip
afecelis

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:20 pm

afecelis wrote:Condar, you rule! :D

It's working fine now. The only thing the script is missing is the creation of the 'bin' folder and its subfolder 'plugins', but I created them by hand and re-ran it and then I had a nicely organized and working yafaray installation! :D :D :D

Good to hear it works for you ;)... yeah, I forgot to create the subfolders but that's because I'm using the same Yafaray folder since Blender 2.5 :P

About Ubuntu 14.04, I'm still using 12.04... I want to install 14.04 in a second partition just to check first but maybe in a couple of months ;)

condar

Next

Return to Testing Builds