View topic - YafaRay 0.1.X Development branch (experimental)

YafaRay 0.1.X Development branch (experimental)

Users-contributed CVS development builds. Post here your questions about compiling the source code.

YafaRay 0.1.X Development branch (experimental)

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:05 pm

New features:
1. Automatic thread detection.
2. IES lamps.
3. QT mouse control improved. Now you can pan, zoom, with the mouse on qt window.
4. Particles render
5. Background portal lights (on object tab like meshlights)
6. Rough Glass (the lesser the exponent the rougher the glass)
7. Oren-Nayar Diffuse BSDF on glossy materials

Fixes:
1. Several fixes in Materials: glossy, coated glossy and blend.
2. Integrators fixes: photonmap, pathtracing.
3. Light: background light refactor.
4. Qt relook and resize fixed.
5. Sun light.
6. faster maths.
7. Volume into xml.
8. Influence of absorption color on caustics and can be used along with dispersion (Photonmap and Pathtracer)

As a result of these changes, less black dots should appear. Please test it with your black dots scenes.

Blender Exporter:
1. Script to render blender files from console.
2. Re-layouting
3. Added "file" as output method along with "GUI" and "XML"
4. Dynamic render sets (not limited to 5, can be from 1 to as many as you need)
5. Several fixes for animation output

SVN paths
YafaRay:
Code: Select all
svn co svn://svn.yafaray.org/repo/yafaray/branches/darktide yafaray

Blender exporter:
Code: Select all
svn co svn://svn.yafaray.org/repo/yafaray-blender/branches/darktide yafaray-blender

Binaries:
Windows 32: (Builds by DarkTide) - Updated Feb. 21st, 2010
YafaRay 0.1.X DTBranch rev 538
You need to unistall all previous YafaRay versions (blender exporter scripts too) before install latest one. Happy rendering!

Mac OS X Intel 10.5: (Builds by jensverwiebe) - Updated Feb. 21st, 2010

Ubuntu Karmic 64 bit, testing release: (Builds by paulo_gomes)
YafaRay 0.1.X DTBranch rev 523

Ubuntu 64 bits, test deb package: (Builds by eMirage) - Updated Feb. 21st, 2010
(Your might need to run "sudo ldconfig" from a console for the package to work correctly)

Gentoo x86_64 ebuild: (Builds by lemmi) - Updated Feb. 21st, 2010
YafaRay 0.1.X DTBranch rev 543 (might work on 32 bits also, but hasn't been tested yet, please report if it does)
ebuild Manifest file

Please do test it.
Contribute your builds in this thread please, so others can use them.
If you create a new package please report it either via irc or private message to DarkTide or Samo to keep this first post updated.
Samo

Re: YafaRay 0.1.2 Develoment branch

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:41 pm

Wow... Niiice!
Blender Brasil team - blender.com.br
Portfolio online
victorphellipe

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:09 pm

I am having a small issue with it.
scons swig did not build any qt bindings, just yafrayinterface.py and _yafrayinterface.so. Is this expected?

I also don't have any zoom with the mouse on the QT window and the instant render option is giving an error:-
INFO: Adding Lights
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/home/organic/install/linux2/.blender/scripts/yafCliRender2.py", line 109, in <module>
yRender.renderCL()
File "/home/organic/install/linux2/.blender/scripts/yaf_export.py", line 817, in renderCL
self.writeLights()
File "/home/organic/install/linux2/.blender/scripts/yaf_export.py", line 204, in writeLights
props = o.properties["YafRay"]
KeyError: 'key not in subgroup dict'

No sign of any black dots.... :D

Ubuntu 8.10 64 bit
Blender svn 2.49.2

IES lighting is a very pleasant surprise, and thanks to all involved in these developments.

Is it appropriate to post problems in this thread or should they be in the support section?

EDIT - I also found this in the terminal:-
INFO: Automatic Detection of Threads: Inactive.
INFO: Using [2] Threads

(I set it to 2 manually)
stoneage

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:12 pm

Hi, stoneage i have several aclarations and several questions:
First as for the qt bindings, did you create user-config.py and set this variable (WITH_YF_QT='true') in it?
that leads to clarificate that the qt gui you are using is the official one not the one in my branch (cos it wasn't built) so the middle mouse click panning and the <ctrl+mouse wheel> zooming wont be available neither the layout change the timming showing in hours, mins, or seconds (depending on rendering length) nor the black background for renders or the auto-resize feature fix.

Now, to use the ies feature you need to create a folder called iesFiles inside .blender/scripts/yafaray/ so the path will look like .blender/scripts/yafaray/iesFiles and put there some ies files, in the gui the ies lamp is available when you create a spot lamp, the distance and the angle of the spot are ignored, in the exporter gui you call one of the ies you previously put in the iesFiles folder, by its name without extension (remember this is in development stage so that is faster to test for me cos i have my ies files with names like 1.ies, 2.ies, etc, so i call them as 1,2,3,etc)
the blur strength slider is how wide the blur on the light should be and the resolution parameter is the number of samples for that blur, the soft shadows toggle sets the light in sampled mode (like area or sphere lights) and the samples parameter... well the samples for the sampled light (doh! hehe)

As for the automatic thread number detection, to activate it set threads to 0 (Zero :D)

Also i wanted to tell you about the instant render is a test to use the cli script inside blender that was a lobo_nz idea but is not really ment for it to be used from the menu but from the console

And some extra details:
"use background" button is gone from the settings, instead now each background has its own IBL button or in sunsky's case the skylight button

I added a change in glass, now the photon caustics respond to the glass IOR

The fireflies on glossy and coated glossy should be reduced and the anisotropic mode on glossy doesn't need uv mapping anymore

The bump mapping is now less sensitive to the slider and won't be needing values below 0.001 anymore (hopefully :lol: )

i'll be posting all of the changes as soon as i recall them :D (is quite a bit)

As for the problems i think is ok to post them in this thread

Happy rendering...

DarkTide :mrgreen:
Just Vampires Playing To Be Mortals...
---------{--<@
DarkTide

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:46 pm

I have a little problem here with Scons...
from console Ubuntu 8.04

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
ImportError: No module named Variables:
File "/home/condar/render/yafaray/yafaray012/yafaray/SConstruct", line 6:
import tools.buildtools
File "/home/condar/render/yafaray/yafaray012/yafaray/tools/buildtools.py", line 1:
import SCons.Variables

the previous svn buildtools.py had Scons.Options instead of Scons.Variables

any idea? :(

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

condar

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:53 pm

Condar, i updated the module 'cos is "Options" module is marked for disapearence, just update scons and you'll be fine.

Greetings from Mexico...

DarkTide
---------{--<@
DarkTide

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi Darktide and thanks for the explanation.

I made a user-config.py containing only
WITH_YF_QT='true'
and I now have the QT bindings and MMB zoom etc. :D

ies lighting seems to be working. :D
Auto thread detection works(with threads set to 0). :D
The bump mapping adjustment is also welcome, there were many occasions where it was unusable. :D
I never really had problems with fireflies. :D

Just one small thing. The render window, when large, lies underneath my bottom panel(Not a big deal as it is easily adjusted with WIN+MMB):-
Screenshot.png

Thanks again. Very happy..... :D
stoneage

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:08 pm

darktide wrote:Condar, i updated the module 'cos is "Options" module is marked for disapearence, just update scons and you'll be fine.

Greetings from Mexico...

DarkTide

The only Scons version for Ubuntu 8.04 in the officials repositories is the 0.97 and I´m too lazy hehehehehehe :) so I compiled with Scons 1.2 STAND ALONE without problems

What is this Yafaray Instant Render option? I have an error

from console

Starting render process: Animation [False]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/home/condar/render/blender2.49b/.blender/scripts/yafaray/yafCliRender2.py", line 109, in <module>
yRender.renderCL()
AttributeError: yafrayRender instance has no attribute 'renderCL'
~yafrayInterface_t() delete scene...delete environment...done

-Bidirectional doesn´t work :(
and the colors of the scene change to the right one at the end of the render process... :)
Attachments
process.png
color difference

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

condar

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:40 pm

condar, what is that don't work on bidirectional (aside from the weird color thing)?

As i said in a previous post:

"YafaRay Instant Render" is an experiment that lobo_nz added when we where developing the yafCliRender2.py script. It's creation is not ment to be used from the menu but from command line, that is the scripts use, render .blend files from console using blender's cli (command line interface) facilities.

And a little help for windows users to test this too:

YafaRay-0.1.2-DTBranch-win32.exe (Python 2.6 build)

Test it until you break it :D

Greetings from Mexico...

DarkTide
---------{--<@
DarkTide

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:06 pm

darktide wrote:condar, what is that don't work on bidirectional (aside from the weird color thing)?

Greetings from Mexico...

DarkTide

The ¨weird color thing¨ :) was rendering with Photon Mapping and Direct Lighting. When i tried to render with Bidirectional, the result was a black image. The progress bar shows that something is happening but the render windows shows a black image and the saved image is a black one too...
and I couldn´t make IES works... :(

The Windows version works fine (XP)... no weird color thing, I can pan and zoom the render windows with the middle mouse button and the IES render without problem. But the Bidirectional algorithm produces the same black image as my Ubuntu version does.

:)

condar

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 am

condar, i think the "weird color" issue has to do with your build (maybe something went wrong when compiling and yafaray has mixed libs) cos windows version is exactly the same code and i can't reproduce the issue under mandriva nor under ubuntu...

please check that :D

And about bidir you're right, i deleted one line by mistake but is fixed now on the branch, i'll rebuild the windows version later and post it.

Best regards...
DarkTide
---------{--<@
DarkTide

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:32 am

Someone can compile the Linux Ububtu 64bit version???
I would like test it but i dont know how to compile the new rel.
ciao
Luca. ;)

PS: Samo i send u a PM can you help me???
Ubuntu 11.10 64bit - Blender 2.61 - Blender 2.49b Luxrender 0.9 - YAFARAY 0.1.2. Thearender - Octane.
http://pinko3d.myblog.it/
Luca62

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:51 am

PS: Samo i send u a PM can you help me???

Luca, private missages should not be used for questions that can be asked on the open forum, because:
  • Helping others and answering questions is shared task between members of the community.
  • The 'public' answers to your questions could benefit others with the same problem.
Samo

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:47 am

On a simple interior scene I noticed a slow down from 5:20 to 5:40 and the new dtbranch-build didn't take my yellowish sun, in addition to the ibl-lightning, into account.
(Photonmapping, 1000000 photons, 10 bounces with background, rd 5, shd 4, aa passes 20, aa samples 1/1 mitchell)
sebih

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:07 pm

Samo Okay you're right but my request was mainly a problem of compiling the program and not a few bugs found ... However today posters here everything ...
The reply in PM, however I did not understand where is the link or where I should register for it.
ciao
Luca.
Ubuntu 11.10 64bit - Blender 2.61 - Blender 2.49b Luxrender 0.9 - YAFARAY 0.1.2. Thearender - Octane.
http://pinko3d.myblog.it/
Luca62

Next

Return to Testing Builds