View topic - Yafaray 282 and Blender 2.47 under Linux Ubuntu 8.04 for Mac

Yafaray 282 and Blender 2.47 under Linux Ubuntu 8.04 for Mac

Users-contributed CVS development builds. Post here your questions about compiling the source code.

Yafaray 282 and Blender 2.47 under Linux Ubuntu 8.04 for Mac

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:49 am

Yafaray 282 and Blender 2.47 under Linux Ubuntu 8.04 for Macintosh PowerPC G4.

Hi all,
I successfully compiled yafaray and blender, is working, but no window with rendering in progress.

Qt library is at 4.0.1 version.
funlw65

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:18 am

Didn't compile with Qt enabled maybe?
Lynx

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:22 pm

Lynx wrote:Didn't compile with Qt enabled maybe?

Compiled with Qt. To be sure, I edited directly the required file from config directory:
WITH_YF_QT='true' - the resulted binary is there ... : <-- I think this must be true by default because now we depend on it, is not optional anymore.
_yafrayinterface.so
yafrayinterface.py

Anyway, the separated interface, yafaray-qt does not compile under Qt version which come with Ubuntu 8.04 for Mac.

EDIT:
---------------------------------------------
Strange! I remembered that swig dropped an error or warning about one class... So I tried again with
scons swig
and in that directory appeared another two files:
_yafqt.so
yafqt.py

Now it works. Saving an rendered image, canceling a render in progress and reopening a XML file is working as expected. With only one issue. If you rendered a scene and if you reopen the same XML file, the old image is not deleted from frame buffer so, if here are no differences between renderings, you will not see the real progress.

EDIT2:
----------------------------------------------
Tried to reproduce the error, deleted resulted files and compiling again with swig target. This time, all four files was created without error. :p
funlw65

Return to Testing Builds