View topic - Blender Yafaray build problem

Blender Yafaray build problem

Users-contributed CVS development builds. Post here your questions about compiling the source code.

Blender Yafaray build problem

Post Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:34 pm

I built version 201 of Yafaray and Blender and both seem fine but when I try to preview a material I get this error -
"/tmp
b:0
yafaray-xml: error while loading shared libraries: libyafaraycore.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "yafaray_ui.py.001", line 1699, in button_event
File "yafaray_ui.py.001", line 667, in refreshPreview
IOError: couldn't load image"

and when I try to render I get this error -
"Starting scene conversion.
Scene conversion done.
Error loading yafray plugin: "

Can anyone shed some light on what the problem might be?
I copied the "yafray" directory to "source/blender", amended "Sconscript", then built Blender and built and installed yafaray apparently without error.

Building on Ubuntu 64 bit 8.04
stoneage

Post Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:39 am

When the build instruction says -

"Currently, there also is an absolute path in source/blender/yafray/SConscript. So open this file with a text editor of your choice and change the path assigned to YF_SOURCE to the path of your local yafaray source tree.";

does it refer to the yafaray source that I checked out to my home folder, or a directory I installed with 'scons install'?
stoneage

Post Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:00 pm

You could try running 'ldconfig' as a superuser after installing yaf(a)ray with 'scons install'; or maybe setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to your /usr/local/bin where yafaray-xml is supposed to be.

EDIT: SConscript refers to the directory with checked'out yaf(a)ray core (mainline).
greenthumb

Post Fri May 02, 2008 1:35 pm

Thanks.
I figured out the Sconscript thing in the end.
I still don't know what the problem was. I tried updating, and encountered build errors, but with help from bert_b and lempour I got it running. V. happy :]
Thanks again for the shell script.
stoneage

Return to Testing Builds