View topic - Yaf(a)Ray, on the way to release candidates

Yaf(a)Ray, on the way to release candidates

Users-contributed CVS development builds. Post here your questions about compiling the source code.

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:28 am

gh81 I too am having the same issue:

Code: Select all
Compiling ==> 'export_yafaray.cpp'
source/blender/yafray/intern/export_yafaray.cpp: In member function ‘void yafarayPlugin_t::genUVcoords(int&, int&, int&, int&, VlakRen*)’:
source/blender/yafray/intern/export_yafaray.cpp:1107: error: cannot convert ‘Render*’ to ‘ObjectRen*’ for argument ‘1’ to ‘MTFace* RE_vlakren_get_tface(ObjectRen*, VlakRen*, int, char**, int)’
source/blender/yafray/intern/export_yafaray.cpp: In member function ‘void yafarayPlugin_t::genVcol(VlakRen*, bool)’:
source/blender/yafray/intern/export_yafaray.cpp:1206: error: cannot convert ‘Render*’ to ‘ObjectRen*’ for argument ‘1’ to ‘MCol* RE_vlakren_get_mcol(ObjectRen*, VlakRen*, int, char**, int)’
source/blender/yafray/intern/export_yafaray.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void yafarayPlugin_t::writeObject(Object*, const std::vector<VlakRen*, std::allocator<VlakRen*> >&, const float (*)[4])’:
source/blender/yafray/intern/export_yafaray.cpp:1278: error: cannot convert ‘Render*’ to ‘ObjectRen*’ for argument ‘1’ to ‘MCol* RE_vlakren_get_mcol(ObjectRen*, VlakRen*, int, char**, int)’
source/blender/yafray/intern/export_yafaray.cpp:1307: error: cannot convert ‘Render*’ to ‘ObjectRen*’ for argument ‘1’ to ‘MTFace* RE_vlakren_get_tface(ObjectRen*, VlakRen*, int, char**, int)’
scons: *** [/home/xxx/compile/build/linux2/source/blender/yafray/intern/export_yafaray.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
chrisr

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:55 pm

Yeah, I did look into it last week. It seems that some of the structures defined in the blender source code were reorganised. By comparing the files in the original yafray folder that comes with the blender source, to those in an older revision, I eventually worked out what was going on and how to fix it in the yafaray export code. I got it compile anyway, although I think I messed up the part about instanced objects.

The problem was, in the next blender SVN revision they changed it all again and I'm back to square one! I don't want to spend another few days looking into it all again...

The trouble is, I don't really know what all these vlakren and render and renderob classes do. I'm just changing things around to echo the changes in the original yafray export, but there are some significant differences between the yafaray export code and the yafray code, so I can't just copy it exactly and it all gets very messy. It needs someone who understands this code properly to make the changes.
gh81

Rendered image distorted.

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:30 pm

Hi,

I've tried YafAray for the first time and after reading some threads I finally managed to get the materials rendered out somewhat alright (due to limited knowleadge of mine). But somehow I couldn't get to set the camery correctly. The rendered image is distorted.

Here's a WIP created with Blender 2.45 and Yafray 0.0.9

And here is the same work opened with Blender 2.45 Rev-12680M, then
rendered with YafAray r196

Oh, and here's the camera setting, which is the same for the two pictures above.

I didn't change any setting for camera. It's the same position, angle, everything is the same. Any idea? (My OS is Windows XP.)

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by palawat on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers.

Pentium4 3.0 HT, 4 GB ram, Windows XP 32bit.
Blender 2.46, YafaRay 2.0.2
palawat

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:02 pm

On the first page I was find only Ubuntu linux build.
Can anybody share something for openSuSE 10.3 x64?
MEGA PLEASE!!!
MEGA PLEASE!!!
MEGA PLEASE!!!
MEGA PLEASE!!!
MEGA PLEASE!!!
MEGA PLEASE!!!

Can coders tell us something about importing materials from another yaf(a)ray progects? How to use preSet materials?
In my projects there are 30-80 meterials

this is old 009 yafray picture

and it`s not wery useful every time to set this typical mats...

And what about IES sources of light? Now not only comercial renders but Kerkythea_2008 have this great feature. Like material can have texture, that lamp can have *.IES file. It`s a matrix of data - realy "photometrical body"

Thank U all!!!
I`m starting new post about lighting
Yaroslav_L

Re: Rendered image distorted.

Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:53 pm

palawat wrote:... But somehow I couldn't get to set the camery correctly. The rendered image is distorted...

Try this : goto Scene (F10) and in Format set AspectX=2, AspectY=1. It worked for me.

skateboarding is not a crime!
Elephont

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:56 pm

Thank you very much, Elephot.

I'll test that and will tell you the result.

....it works, thanks :)
Cheers.

palawat

Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:12 pm

I have a strange problem with Yafaray-Rendering:
In a blender-scene everything was fine when i renderd it with Yafa, direct light- method. Then i wanted to change the render settings (in the Phyton-UI), but Yafa ignores the new settings when rendering. The old settings seem to be frozen somewhere. I have an older version of the scene in an different blender-scene, but in the same file and this old scene reacts normal to changes of render settings. Allso when i make a new file i can change the render-settings as usual.
Any ideas how i can "reanimate" the frozen rendersettings of my scene?
quibodi

Post Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:29 am

Nobody else with this problem?
OK, by chance i got contact to Bert Buchholz, the coder of the exporter-UI for Blender. The error seems to be related to working with more than one scene in a Blender-file. Bert is working on it. Here is the thread in the german blendpolis-forum: http://blendpolis.de/f/viewtopic.php?t= ... sc&start=0
quibodi

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:29 am

I have problems with Dublicate Linked (Alt+D) objects, but ONLY on Linux.
On Mac-Intel they are rendered!
Have anybody some problem?
There is my last work:
What is the black dots from Met_Aluminium (coated glossy anisotropic)?
http://www.yafray.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1468
Yaroslav_L

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:49 pm

do you still need a special yafaray-blender build to use it?

claas
C l a a s E i c k e K u h n e n
Artist : Designer : Educator
cekuhnen

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:12 am

On my design studio I have 1 - iMac, 3 - openSuSEx64 and 1 - Ubuntux32 computers.
My friend - Linux Monster - help me to install Ubuntu build Blender+yafaray to openSuSE, but linked duplikate objects are not rendered.
This problem I have on Ubuntu and openSuSE.
BUT my Mac render that objects perfectly!
So, I think the problem is only in Linux build of yafaray or blender.
It would be nice to have openSuSE or some universal build.
Can U try do it?
Yaroslav_L

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:03 am

Yaroslav_L - the problems with black dots (pixels) are not unique for Yaf(a)ray. I had the same problems using Blender's 2.42 Internal and "glossy" materials...
mookie

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:45 am

so...
...what for unusable material?
Yaroslav_L

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:34 am

First of all, thank you Lynx and anybody working on this yafAray project.
I've just finished one project with yafAray. It's really amazingly good by far.

Still can't wait for the "Cube" map input option :D

Good job, guys.
Cheers.

palawat

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:22 pm

Yaroslav_L - to fix this "black-dots-problem" You have to copy all the dlls from another version of Blender (excludin' builds) to the Blender-Yaf(a)ray you are workin' on.
mookie

PreviousNext

Return to Testing Builds