View topic - YafRay 5th. Anniversary Vote!

YafRay 5th. Anniversary Vote!

Previous contests and challenges held in the YafaRay Site.

Post Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:34 pm

I was wondering, will the winners be required to show proof that they created their entries :?: .
MARS Grfx.

Post Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:39 pm

One thing I wondered was how the images were made. I thought it only use of Yafray allowed for any processing. I did not composite nor use any kind of image enhancement which appears most people did.
"May The Force Be With You."

-Jedi Master Hoshi
MasterHoshi

Post Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:46 pm

I was wondering, will the winners be required to show proof that they created their entries

Nope, al least publicly. If there is complains or I detect some suspicious thing, then I will privately require some proof. The next ocassion we will require wires to all participants, and passes break down too. That should be one of the consequences of having separated W.I.P. threads instead of a single thread with people posting final results.

One thing I wondered was how the images were made. I thought it only use of Yafray allowed for any processing. I did not composite nor use any kind of image enhancement which appears most people did.

Rules say that post processing is allowed, and also compositing using yafray passes. I think that all the entries comply with the spirit of these two rules, which is that one or more yafray renders should be the 'ingredients' of the final result, but that you can 'cook' them in some way by using post processing techniques. Heavy image post processing is allowed for getting abstract works for instance, as long as said rules are observed.

There are entries that have got text or logos added in the post processing stage. We are fine with it given the contest topic and either way, almost everyone uses yafray text & logos in his entry, in post-pro or directly as image textures.
Last edited by Samo on Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Samo

My vote

Post Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:55 pm

Here is my vote:

Efelon: "Relax" 3 points

Kronos: "Into 5th" 2 points

charonng 1 point

Great contest.
Ragnar82

Post Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:35 pm

Samo wrote:Rules say that post processing is allowed, and also compositing using yafray passes. I think that all the entries comply with the spirit of these two rules, which is that one or more yafray renders should be the 'ingredients' of the final result, but that you can 'cook' them in some way by using post processing techniques. Heavy image post processing is allowed for getting abstract works for instance, as long as said rules are observed.

Yeah, that's what my understanding after reading the rule several times (English is not my native). No matter what, I really enjoy this contest.
charonng

Post Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:43 pm

Efelon: 3pts
Spenn14: 2 pts
charonng: 1 pt
doodle

Post Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:16 pm

Hi guys!

The winner is Kronos, and Efelon reaches the second position. Congratulations!

Kronos = 21 p.
Efelon = 10 p.
Spenn 14 = 8 p.
Charonng = 8 p.
Duhast = 5 p.
Marx Grfx. = 5 p.
Quibody = 4 p.
MasterHoshi = 3p.
Chaved 3D = 1p.

Seepo 1456
Thv
DarkHorse
Ragnar82
Save
Ccrittrs

Thank you for participating. I hope we can organise another contest the next year and that you can participate as well. I will contact the winners in the coming hours about prizes delivering details. Thanks also to our sponsor this year, 3D World

Kronos: "Into 5th"

Efelon: "Relax"
Last edited by Samo on Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Samo

Post Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:24 pm

Congratulations Kronos and Efelon.

Thanks for the votes people. :D
MARS Grfx.

Post Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:29 pm

Congrats guys! :D
Great job!
afecelis

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:18 am

good job guys. i hope to win a contest someday
if life is a blender then its pretty twisted
seepo1456

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:38 am

too late for voting, too

btw
Congratulations men :D

Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity!! -Maximus Decimus Meridius-

draw

Good things always happen at night...

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:56 am

Good Morning guys...

i could not believe the result after awakening this morning, since this is the first contest i entered. First of all thanks to the YafRay team for organizing this contest. I really enjoyed it and was very curious during the progress to see the pictures of all competitors. Therefore i also want to thank them and all the people how voted to make the run, at least for the second place, this exciting.

Of course i want to compliment Kronos on the first place. I really like your picture especially the realistic look of the leather seats.

Finally let me say that i'm really looking forward to the next contest. I like the idea of arrange one every year, maybe to see the progress and new features of YafRay (Yaf(a)Ray) and/or just to have fun. :wink:
For me this contest was the cause to enter this community with the intention to be and stay an active member, even if i have not that much time.

good luck for the next time
Martin

P.S.: Few words to the rules: In my opinion the rules are as precise as needed and as inaccurate as possible.
Efelon

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:12 am

Efelon, you have got a private missage.
Samo

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:36 am

Samo wrote:Efelon, you have got a private missage.

You too. 8)
Efelon

Post Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:43 am

Hi all,

I'm back from sevreal days out of the time and was very busy. Too bad I had no time to participate to this contest :cry: but I hope to be there next year :wink:

I discover the posts and the results and first of all I would like to congratulate all the participants, nice things there. The result of the vote is just like I would have voted.

@Samo: Very well organised

@Kronos: You made a really nice job, I like the idea and the realisation is very well executed, very dynamic with a nice design. Congrats.

Enrico
Enrico
enricocerica

PreviousNext

Return to Past Contests and Challenges