View topic - YafRay 5th Anniversary Contest. New prize:3DWorld subscript.

YafRay 5th Anniversary Contest. New prize:3DWorld subscript.

Previous contests and challenges held in the YafaRay Site.

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:57 pm

Spenn14 wrote:Ok, here's mine. I am originally from BA, but I think I will still keep up with these forums too. I have to post my work today, since I will not be here for the final due date. So, I hope I do good. (Notice the time the watch is set to :wink:) Good luck to all other people!

Can you post a higher resolution version, at least 800x600 please? Edit your post and just change the image url.
Samo

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:29 pm

Software used: YAFRAY 0.0.9, Blender 2.44

"The artist stands in his planet searching for artistic inspiration in this land, across this land, into the sea and across it, up to the sky and beyond it, he captures an image in his imagination, and thanks to Yet Another Free Raytracer renders that imagination".
Last edited by MARS Grfx. on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
MARS Grfx.

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:23 pm

I know this doesn't really have much to do with the anniversary but i'm a noob so i did my best.

Darkhorse186

Post Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:26 pm

Cheers! :D ... and I hope you understand the metaphore. :wink:
Duhast

Post Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:51 pm

lol yafray light I like that.
if life is a blender then its pretty twisted
seepo1456

my entry

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:28 pm

Hello, I am trying to enter a picture for the contest but am having a problem with yafray. My picture was done in blender as 5 separate files then appended into the finished copy. Each of the independent .blend files render fine but the finished file does not...I get an error message saying "yafray can not run. Is yafray in your path?" This message comes after Yafray prints about a hundred message saying: "kd-tree stats...[Loader]: added object ...." and at the beginning of each attempt it does say "Yafray found at...." Yafray is in path (obviously, or it wouldnt render the other files). The combined file is very large...is there a size limit with yafray? or does it not work with appended files?
I just ran it again, the exact error message is: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Could not execute yafray. is it in path?"

thanks for any help,
Chris
Good sense isn't common
ccrittrs

Re: my entry

Post Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:37 am

ccrittrs wrote:Hello, I am trying to enter a picture for the contest but am having a problem with yafray. My picture was done in blender as 5 separate files then appended into the finished copy. Each of the independent .blend files render fine but the finished file does not...I get an error message saying "yafray can not run. Is yafray in your path?" This message comes after Yafray prints about a hundred message saying: "kd-tree stats...[Loader]: added object ...." and at the beginning of each attempt it does say "Yafray found at...." Yafray is in path (obviously, or it wouldnt render the other files). The combined file is very large...is there a size limit with yafray? or does it not work with appended files?
I just ran it again, the exact error message is: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Could not execute yafray. is it in path?"

I am not sure if this is the right place for such questions, I recommend the yafray from blender section.
Nevertheless, maybe a resave under new name, and packing, saving, unpacking, saving might help.
chavez_3D

Post Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:39 am

This is my contribute to the contest. Rendered with YafAray, no postpro.
Not so much metaphoric but pragmatic :P I swear i had the idea before i saw the new Ford Mondeo Clip!!!

Very last Update
Last edited by quibodi on Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
quibodi

Post Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:07 pm

quibodi wrote:"Placeholder for my contest-pic"

Could anyone tell my please in which font the yafray-logo is written?
(Need it for my contest-pic)

It was designed by Chronoh, you should ask him by PM, although any close style will do IMO.

BTW, the logo and yafray text in SVG format (inkscape) can be downloaded here:

http://www.yafray.org/index.php?s=2
Samo

My Pic

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:46 am

Hello,
when i first read about this contest the idea for this image came into my mind. I thought that after five years of hard work you should deserve at least one day off to have a quick look at the past. Since your work is simply great this look can be just relaxed. So my image is called "relax".
I hope you like it and happy anniversary day.

P.S.: Some information about:
- modeled and textured in Blender
- one lamp (sun) and emiting sky
- no postproduction (except my logo done with composite nodes)
-> rendering: let yafray do the rest :wink:
Last edited by Efelon on Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Efelon

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:37 am

Hi,

When I think about anniversary I usually imagine a ring with a diamond, and this image shows the power of using Yafray's photons.

I already tried the caustics effect of the silver ring months ago but for the diamond it's more difficult, which involves few weeks of trial and error, testing each parameter and render every change to see how it works. Eventually, on the fine tuning stage, there left only one parameter I didn't modify which is the refraction index :P

The ring and the diamond are modeled in Blender and SketchUp respectively. Yafray is the solo renderer made the image in one pass. There is no photo touch up except the adding of 5 flares on the silver ring and cropping the image to fit (worked in Gimp). The logo and title I composed it in Illustrator. (thanks for the official logo link provided in the previous post)

Happy Yafray! Happy Anniversary!
charonng

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:50 pm

Okay!
I tried for a long time, always had troubles with the renderoutput (the black speckles thread in the Yafray from blender section).

This is the final version.
Modeled in Blender 2.44, rendered in yafray 0.0.9, postprocessed in Photoshop
Happy Birthday Yafray!!!

Last edited by chavez_3D on Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chavez_3D

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:45 pm

Guys, thank you very much for participating. :D

Tomorrow is July the 10 th. It will be the last day to post entries or to improve your render. The contest will finish at 24:00 PM tomorrow. Good luck to everybody.

My entry is quite incomplete. Anyway I'm happy at least I've tried it.

Samo
Last edited by Samo on Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Samo

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:17 pm

how long is the voting process
if life is a blender then its pretty twisted
seepo1456

"into 5th"

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:10 pm

Hello,

Here's my little entry, the idea is as simple as the title...
Yafray has gone...

"Into 5th"

Image rendered in yafray, with some post processing...
Tools: blender, yafray, gimp, inkscape

Good luck everyone
-Kronos
Last edited by kronos on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kronos

PreviousNext

Return to Past Contests and Challenges